This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bear form easier to level in than cat form?

#1smackfanPosted 1/23/2013 6:19:03 PM
So I spec'd cat form but have been using bear form and have been killing things just as quick as in cat form with much more survivability and aoe ability. Anyone else noticed this or do I just suck at playing cat form?
---
"When there is no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth"
#2ShurikoPosted 1/23/2013 6:22:40 PM
stahp ur doin it wrong cat is for fite not bear
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#3ElaeusPosted 1/23/2013 6:24:28 PM(edited)
I always level bear, honestly. I hear balance is the best but if you have to melee it, I recommend bear myself. It's been crazy like this since BC.

Of course other people said cat is better, but that's always a matter of perspective. If you feel bear is better stick with bear, at least I can confirm that it works really up to 85 and I assume more so with the talent changes; mine is as old as BC.

Shuriko posted...
stahp ur doin it wrong cat is for fite not bear

Aaaah.. Alamo. <3

---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4UtinilPosted 1/23/2013 8:19:59 PM
Overall I find guardian spec to be better than feral for questing. A kitty can absolutely demolish a mob in 3 seconds. A bear can demolish 10 mobs in 10 seconds. Neither has survival issues.
#5myztikricePosted 1/23/2013 10:37:21 PM
Up until around Cata bear is better
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#6HakPosted 1/24/2013 1:33:42 AM
I leveled my Druid through Pandaria recently, and after being bear spec since forever (my Druid was the very first character I created at some point about a month after release) I finally got dual-spec and went Guardian/Feral. For general leveling, Feral is much faster, however for some quests (the one that immediately springs to mind is the Jade Forest quest at the Dragon Temple to kill the moths in the library, but any others which involve killing many mobs in a small area) going Guardian spec, pulling the required number of mobs all at once and taking them down with Vengeance-powered AoE is pretty efficient.

Through LK and Cata, Bear DPS was comparable to Cat form. That's been hugely reduced now, which is sad but understandable.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa