This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When can I start looking for a raiding guild?

#31Brian972Posted 1/24/2013 9:26:08 AM
Hak posted...
I support freedom of choice, whether than be abortion or the right to take drugs. Go to Amsterdam where pot has been legal for years (though they've changed some of the laws recently so that foreigners can't go over just to get ripped anymore) and you'll find a city that works. Giving people the choice of whether they can smoke pot or not has meant that most people there simply don't bother with it - making it illegal makes it taboo, and things that are taboo are too appealing to people. Everyone there rides bicycles, public transportation is highly efficient, and they have public health care. Like in the UK, abortions can be performed on the national health service too.

I wouldn't call it "deplorable" - it's more that people are treated like responsible human beings who can make their own choices, and because that works both ways, the people act more responsibly instead of just expecting the government to babysit them through their entire lives.

I agree with this entire post Hak. The only thing I would add is if people want the freedom of choice for things such as drugs and/or abortions, they pay for it themselves. I'm not sure where you live, here in the States, people don't necessarily have to pay for such things.
I'm ashamed to admit I have several cousins that my tax dollars help pay for. They're irresponsible and refuse to take care of themselves. Hence, the USA.
---
I'll be honest: 2% milk is delicious and the chinese can't be trusted.
#32AssultTankPosted 1/24/2013 11:07:14 AM
Since my sig seems to have kicked this whole thing off, I would like to point out that I tend to favor more conservative views... Especially on the economy.

I do support individual freedom, but I am against things such as hate speech. My signature however is not an attempt to curtail freedom of speech. The goal of the petition is to remove the tax exempt status of the Westboro Baptist Church for doing things which have in the past been declared as hate speech. In fact, their methods are similar in nature to those of the KKK, only slightly less violent.
The KKK does not get tax exempt status, why should the Westboro Loonies get it?

As for government assistance, I favor drug testing and birth control in order to receive benefits as well as work programs to assist beneficiaries in attaining skills which will help them get jobs in order to get off the welfare programs.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#33CM101PlayPosted 1/24/2013 3:05:02 PM
Hak posted...
I support freedom of choice, whether than be abortion or the right to take drugs. Go to Amsterdam where pot has been legal for years (though they've changed some of the laws recently so that foreigners can't go over just to get ripped anymore) and you'll find a city that works. Giving people the choice of whether they can smoke pot or not has meant that most people there simply don't bother with it - making it illegal makes it taboo, and things that are taboo are too appealing to people. Everyone there rides bicycles, public transportation is highly efficient, and they have public health care. Like in the UK, abortions can be performed on the national health service too.

I wouldn't call it "deplorable" - it's more that people are treated like responsible human beings who can make their own choices, and because that works both ways, the people act more responsibly instead of just expecting the government to babysit them through their entire lives.

See here's the problem, too many people expect the government to take care of them and a majority of people getting these food stamps and having the government provide them with a place to live don't have anything wrong with them except laziness, and most of them vote Democrat, because whether people wanna admit it or not it's the Democratic party that supports them for the most part. We could trust people to be responsible, if they gave us a reason to. We have laws for a reason. I guarantee you a lot of people, myself included, would support legalizing something as trivial as weed (though I wouldn't partake in it, I do find it to be a juvenile activity) if people didn't break the law to do it to begin with.

If we submit now and legalize things because "people will do it anyway" then we might as well legalize murder, because people are gonna do it anyway.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#34wyndmanPosted 1/24/2013 7:29:30 PM
We'd accept you at a minimum of i460, this of course implies that you know the encounters, and can still pull 50k dps. If you are a good player we don't mind carrying you to get some gear.
---
In Loving Memory of Steve Irwin
RIP 9-4-06
#35myztikricePosted 1/24/2013 8:12:19 PM
Who's pulling 50k with 460
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#36CM101PlayPosted 1/26/2013 1:53:11 AM
myztikrice posted...

---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#37Lightning BoltPosted 1/26/2013 3:24:41 AM(edited)

My druid, horribly taken care of because MoP hates alts, is at a 460 ilvl and sims for 48k dps. I do around 45k (though I just suck with him).
If I took some expertise away and got a proper meta gem (he's reforged for bear, way over expertise cap) and practiced a tiny bit I could easily hit 50k in game.

50k is definitely attainable in 460 gear.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#38cxiePosted 1/26/2013 7:09:14 AM
If you want to raid normal and above, you should look for a raiding guild as soon as possible. Gear level are usually not what these guys are looking for though some do have a minimum to test your commitment and patience (they do expect you to be exalted with all the factions if you have enough playtime, since that would be what raiders would have done in order to maximize their gear). What a raid guild do look for, is whether you will be on during their raid time, whether you will be doing everything in your power to max your character, and whether you are willing to do content that you out-gear in order to help the guild.
#39EtherlightPosted 1/26/2013 1:14:47 PM(edited)
Depends on what kind of raiding you do. People typically categorize it to casual or hardcore raiding but it's a lot more complicated than that and there's various levels of raiding even within these categories. Guilds can progress at high levels with a casual atmosphere, and vice versa. Raid times are heavily varied within guilds although casual guilds tend to be more relaxed in this part. Some expect 300 foods at all times, some don't.

If you're looking for a hardcore guild, it's going to take a while to get into one. Most HC guilds are pretty high in boss kills and having a low ilvl makes you more of a handicap (I highly doubt you're Dream Paragon or Blood Legion level to do insane DPS with that gear). Gear isn't a huge deal for most guilds since that can be made up but you're at a really low gear level than what most standard recruits would be. If you're really good you can talk your way into it and get carried in farm runs, but it's difficult to prove that without logs, recommendations or prior raiding experience. If you lack the ilvl or the credentials to prove yourself then it's going to be difficult to jump straight into a HC guild, although if you did HC progression you'd probably know that.

It's not impossible to join one though. Casual guilds and PuGs are a great way to ladder up into HC progression raiding as you can get logs and gear through that. But it'll take a while since they're not nearly as dedicated, and some of these guilds may have attendance issues because of their casual nature. It can take a really long time before you're even prepared for HC raiding but dedication is desired in HC raiding and the more work you put into it, the more likely people will want you to join their guild.

Then there's the whole min-maxing thing, such as dailies and rep grinds, food and flasks, getting VP capped, doing LFR for gear, gems and enchants .etc .etc. Doing these just helps you in the long run and just shows your dedication and desire to do your best in raiding. In actual raids, make everything count. Don't die to stupid stuff, make sure you know the fights and your class beforehand, make sure that you're not the one being called out in every attempt for messing up, while doing good DPS at the same time, and be sure that you have your own logs. Even if you're not striving for high end progression raiding, being a good player in general goes a long way when it comes to raiding.