This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy crap. Why don't more people play Affliction in BGs?

#11Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:54:11 PM
XtraT posted...
aff gets screwed by dispels, they're fixing that next patch though

anything is viable in random bgs

Yes I figured. I like Aff tho so I'll keep playing it.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#12Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:54:35 PM
Sativa_Rose posted...
Glockass1 posted...
For some reason whenever I point out that Hunters/Warriors are easy to play, I get laughed at because Warlock is apparently faceroll. lol.

Warrior is harder to play than you'd think

Lots and lots of abilities are used, more than any other class I've played

I have a Warrior. I try less to beat people :/
---
#13XtraTPosted 1/24/2013 1:57:27 PM
Sativa_Rose posted...
Glockass1 posted...
For some reason whenever I point out that Hunters/Warriors are easy to play, I get laughed at because Warlock is apparently faceroll. lol.

Warrior is harder to play than you'd think

hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6hddPrho80o&list=UUuP8PSvXtD6XzGAYcbT5BRA#t=15s
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#14ElaeusPosted 1/24/2013 1:58:03 PM
What's generally the best warlock spec in arena right now anyway? Haven't played warlock pvp since BC and I did destruction back then.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#15Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:01:18 PM
Elaeus posted...
What's generally the best warlock spec in arena right now anyway? Haven't played warlock pvp since BC and I did destruction back then.

Hmm most people say Demo because it's hard to get CBs off as Destro.
---
#16TloyaPosted 1/24/2013 2:08:05 PM
I think after Chaos Wave ate a super hard nerfbat in the face Destro is now on top for arenas. I play aff at a very low level (1500-ish) and most of the other warlocks I see now are destro. Demo basically revolved around popping CDs and landing double chaos wave and now that both the spell and the trinkets have been nerfed it can't use that gimmick anymore, whereas Destro still has a variety of tools in addition to Chaos Bolt (though that's admittedly what the spec revolves around).

The buff to Unstable Affliction will help a ton in 5.2; healers will actually have to think twice before dispelling again.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#17shawn10000000Posted 1/24/2013 2:36:35 PM
Glockass1 posted...

Warrior now, you got me, but in cata it was somewhat hard to play. same with hunter, but if you play mm or sv in pvp now it's alot more skill based. bm is and always will be faceroll.
#18Glockass1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:38:27 PM
shawn10000000 posted...
Glockass1 posted...

Warrior now, you got me, but in cata it was somewhat hard to play. same with hunter, but if you play mm or sv in pvp now it's alot more skill based. bm is and always will be faceroll.

I liked Warr more in Cata because you had to manage your rage, stance dance etc.
---
#19ChocoboMogALTPosted 1/24/2013 4:37:57 PM
Tloya posted...
They're better in randoms because you have the freedom to multidot like mad and just let numbers tick up. In arenas the goal isn't to get max damage, it's to kill the other team, and that's something Affliction struggled with even in Cataclysm (their superiority in arena then was mainly due to good CC, good survivability, multidotting and dispel protection).

Lolno
---
"We live in a country Hasire.." ~ yosouf06
REVOLVER STAKE! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/ChocoboMog123/AltEisenRChocoboMog.png
#20dermoratrakenPosted 1/24/2013 7:31:23 PM
Unholy dk and afflock is going to be top in 5.2 with shadow priest due to the huge numbers they can sustain with no effort. Probably will see the rise of druids accordingly, but depending on how fear ends up sham may hold strong thanks to tremor. Game will become boring, skill-less slow burn as healing and burst are both nerfed.

It's too bad. We saw in wotlk that boring caster cleave control pretty much wrecked arena participation and spectating. At least these games will end i suppose.