This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

think WoW will ever die?

#1iNikeOnePosted 1/24/2013 9:20:54 PM
im about to start playing WoW and just wondering if its gonna be around for a few years or is blizzard probably making a sequel? thanks guys!
---
Add me on Xbox: iSnowPro/PSN: iSnowPro/3DS: 3780-9232-8066
#2MoonknlghtPosted 1/24/2013 9:26:36 PM
Supposedly 2 more expacs right?
---
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/1ubx4.gif
#3Coop14Posted 1/24/2013 9:36:17 PM
You got another 6 to 10 years probably longer.

WoW is the biggest MMO I wouldn't worry too much
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#4ShadowEdgeXPosted 1/24/2013 9:36:45 PM
Moonknlght posted...

Plenty more.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#5iNikeOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:44:24 PM
Damn really? =] oh and thanks for be nice you guys WoW has a pretty friendly forum lol
---
Add me on Xbox: iSnowPro/PSN: iSnowPro/3DS: 3780-9232-8066
#6PanzerscrapPosted 1/24/2013 10:28:32 PM
iNikeOne posted...
Damn really? =] oh and thanks for be nice you guys WoW has a pretty friendly forum lol

WoW has several years left, yea. As for the friendliness of this forum, I will say this: it is largely helpful and courteous. There are two types you have to look out for and ignore:

1. Raid elitists, or people who anchor the very fabric of their ego in raiding to the point they they are openly hostile toward people who play the game "wrong" (whatever that means.)
2. People who are angry that not everyone was born into this world with innate knowledge of WoW, even though they too were not.

Anyways, welcome.
#7KatimariDamashiPosted 1/24/2013 10:46:03 PM
Panzerscrap posted...
iNikeOne posted...

WoW has several years left, yea. As for the friendliness of this forum, I will say this: it is largely helpful and courteous. There are two types you have to look out for and ignore:

1. Raid elitists, or people who anchor the very fabric of their ego in raiding to the point they they are openly hostile toward people who play the game "wrong" (whatever that means.)
2. People who are angry that not everyone was born into this world with innate knowledge of WoW, even though they too were not.

Anyways, welcome.

You forgot the crazies who say that every single game is bringing with it the end of wow, regardless of what type of game it is; I've seen everything from rival MMOs to single player indie games being heralded as the end of wow.
---
White FC: 3439 8353 9339
My modest list of event pokemon: http://tinyurl.com/9b83llg
#8SpookingPosted 1/24/2013 11:41:22 PM
If games like Ultima Online and EverQuest are still around, you bet WoW will last at least another 50 years with the amount of subscribers. Not to mention nostalgia players who will surly come back if they unsubscribed.
---
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
#9RomeoMinolaPosted 1/24/2013 11:45:28 PM(edited)
ShadowEdgeX posted...
Moonknlght posted...

Plenty more.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard confirmed during Wrath that they intend for level 100 to be the stopping point (Hence why they started raising the cap by 5 each time instead of 10).
#10TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/25/2013 2:00:56 AM
they said thats when they wanted to stop the leveling, but not when they were done with the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have calculated that this is when they figured that the games growth would be done and all that would be left were the people who were dedicated casuals or hard core raiders, and progression would be all that kept people playing. (I.e. you need to do the last expacs dungeons and gear to do the new ones).
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.