This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

did 5.1 remove the BWL restriction where it couldn't be solo'd(first boss)?

#21RomeoMinolaPosted 1/25/2013 6:58:13 AM
webbc99 posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
webbc99 posted...
It's Ebonroc, but even then you can easily out damage their heal. It's barely noticable. Also he actually has to hit you with his breath attack first, which most of the time you'll resist.

Well admittedly; I haven't attempted to solo Ebonroc in weeks but when I did try I couldn't outburst the healing factor. Though perhaps he is easier to burst through when you aren't fully gemmed for PvP or are playing a class that can kite.

Well, I play an Arms Warrior, seriously there's no way you could fail to kill him. This has never been a problem, even at level 85.

I'll accept that I'm doing something wrong currently but saying he wasn't a problem even at 85 is being a bit ridiculous. There are countless threads, even on Ebonroc's wowhead commentary citing him as impossible to solo until 5.1.
#22vahndragonwingPosted 1/25/2013 7:05:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23RomeoMinolaPosted 1/25/2013 7:31:28 AM
So I just ran back to BWL and soloed him as Ret. So weird.

Interesting thing I just found out is that the suppression gas (along with everyone else) in the Halls of Strife despawn after some time.
#24Ness0123456789Posted 1/25/2013 1:24:15 PM
webbc99 posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
webbc99 posted...
It's Ebonroc, but even then you can easily out damage their heal. It's barely noticable. Also he actually has to hit you with his breath attack first, which most of the time you'll resist.

Well admittedly; I haven't attempted to solo Ebonroc in weeks but when I did try I couldn't outburst the healing factor. Though perhaps he is easier to burst through when you aren't fully gemmed for PvP or are playing a class that can kite.

Well, I play an Arms Warrior, seriously there's no way you could fail to kill him. This has never been a problem, even at level 85.

I'll accept that I'm doing something wrong currently but saying he wasn't a problem even at 85 is being a bit ridiculous. There are countless threads, even on Ebonroc's wowhead commentary citing him as impossible to solo until 5.1.

He wasn't.

I was able to easily solo him at level 85 as a Prot Paladin. His heal is 25K health every hit, and that's assuming he actually manages to hit you at level 85. At 25K a hit, you would be able to out DPS that even at 85 with relative ease.

The only time he was difficult was at level 80, he has not been an issue for anyone that wasn't trying to solo the place in a healing spec since than. If you weren't able to solo him at 85 or higher, it was simply because your DPS was simply that terrible.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#25TloyaPosted 1/25/2013 2:03:53 PM
You don't even need to solo Ebonroc for the achievement or any battle pet drops, but you should be able to burst through his heal.

BWL is super easy now--just be prepared to either self-rez or run back because it's hard to kill Vaelstrasz before he puts burning adrenaline on you. Easy to kill him before it kills you, though.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#26UtinilPosted 1/26/2013 1:22:04 AM
Ebonroc went down comically easy for my dk at 85, his heal (which will hit you most of the time since he is a boss level mob) is quite minimal, It works out to something like 5khps. If you can't out damage him then you may have problems with chromag (if you can't dispell) if he decides to use bronze last.

As far as razorgore goes, there are several methods. I have personally found the best way is to let him get near you before you mc, and destroy the eggs on the platform with the orb first, then work your way from front to back. This is because some of the mages do aoe, so even if they are targeting you they can end up killing him. Self Healing abilities (particularly hots) work well. Potions can also give that nice healing. Do not kill the mobs around you when the channel breaks. there is a cap on how many mobs can be up at one time, the more of the mobs beating on you the better.