This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so very close to just quitting WoW. Can't progress due to RNG. :(

#1hotasianchickPosted 1/25/2013 1:58:54 AM
RNG hates me. RNG has not been kind to be since f***ing vanilla. i've always had to try that much harder and that much longer than everyone i knew just to get drops to progress. it always takes me longer because s*** never seems to drop for me in raids and when it did in the past i would always lose roll(my guild was one of those who assigned rolls for those who could actually use the item).

that continues now in MoP. I've done vaults and terrace(all i'm geared for) either with my guild or in LFR since the raids have been out. every single week. every week. guess how many pieces of gear i've gotten? 1. uno. one. ein. run sha every week too, 1 piece from him ever too.

i simply cannot get gear to progress to the next stage. there is absolutely nothing i can do. everyone in my guild is, surprise surprise, surpassing me because they've all managed to get quite a bit of gear from guild runs or LFR. i'm still stuck. it's the same goddamn way it's been every single expansion, even since vanilla. i think i've finally hit the point where it's just not fun anymore. it'd be ok if i was actually getting SOMETHING every so often, but now with yet another new raid coming and one more for sure after that, yet i'm still at the beginning stage because the RNG gods have always hated me. it extends beyond progression too. it's everything. quest item drops, transmog drops, i can almost never get anything to drop ever.

it's disheartening you know? all effort and no reward. most people who play this have to bust their ass just like me but seem to get more consistently rewarded, even when RNG is hating on them too.

the last time i couldnt seem to progress due to s*** luck i ended up quitting for 9 months. (why i never got to do black temple when it was first implemented lol).
---
boobs
#2XtraTPosted 1/25/2013 2:00:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/byUUU0f.gif
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Lightning BoltPosted 1/25/2013 2:02:12 AM
Just go into your cache folder and toggle with the LFR/lucky charm drop rates.
Not strictly allowed and legal, but easy enough to do.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4hotasianchick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:02:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/byUUU0f.gif

100% expected.

unfortunately, i have been "dealing with it". but eventually you just hit a brick wall.
---
boobs
#5TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/25/2013 2:02:55 AM
There are valor points to assure that you can geat high powered gear. 1000 cap a week, every other week. you should be picking up a new piece. this means that in theory, even if you ran all 5 LFR's a week, you'd never have to run more then 5-10 before you got another purple.

Why is everyone complaining?
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#6hotasianchick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:06:13 AM
There are valor points to assure that you can geat high powered gear. 1000 cap a week, every other week. you should be picking up a new piece. this means that in theory, even if you ran all 5 LFR's a week, you'd never have to run more then 5-10 before you got another purple.

the problem is, i cannot be bothered to do the dailies with 3 characters to get to the point where i can use the valor points. i'm sitting at cap on all three right now.

i did them with my druid but then realized i didn't much care for druid in endgame this xpac so i went to my spriest and dk and i just don't have the will to deal with the dailies all over again while also having bad luck in the RNG department.

i dunno, i think i'm just hitting a wall now in general. not even entirely rng based.
---
boobs
#7hotasianchick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:09:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/25/2013 2:20:35 AM
hotasianchick posted...

the problem is, i cannot be bothered to do the dailies with 3 characters to get to the point where i can use the valor points. i'm sitting at cap on all three right now.

i did them with my druid but then realized i didn't much care for druid in endgame this xpac so i went to my spriest and dk and i just don't have the will to deal with the dailies all over again while also having bad luck in the RNG department.

i dunno, i think i'm just hitting a wall now in general. not even entirely rng based.

There is a minimum amount of time it takes to do a daily. I spend about 30 minutes doing all of mine. If you have the time to do LFR, I guarantee you have the time to do dailys. I often get all my dailies done IN THE QUE for LFR.

And if you can't be bothered to at least do it with 1 character, then I am not sure what to tell you mate. Blizzard placed that system there to ensure that even if the RNG screwed you, you have guaranteed gear.

Also a lot of the valor gear takes only friendly or honored.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous you sound. You can run 5 LFR raids on 3 different characters, but you can't be bothered to spend a few minutes doing dailies?
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#9hotasianchick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:26:55 AM
hotasianchick posted...

There is a minimum amount of time it takes to do a daily. I spend about 30 minutes doing all of mine. If you have the time to do LFR, I guarantee you have the time to do dailys. I often get all my dailies done IN THE QUE for LFR.

And if you can't be bothered to at least do it with 1 character, then I am not sure what to tell you mate. Blizzard placed that system there to ensure that even if the RNG screwed you, you have guaranteed gear.

Also a lot of the valor gear takes only friendly or honored.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous you sound. You can run 5 LFR raids on 3 different characters, but you can't be bothered to spend a few minutes doing dailies?

i can't stand "busy work". tedious repetitive taskes. raids and dungeons are the most fun aspect of the game for me. i DESPISE questing.
---
boobs
#10piplupzeroPosted 1/25/2013 3:26:49 AM
Essentially you're saying, I want gear but dont want to use the points to buy gear I have because Id much rather just whine.

Im quite happy I have always do pretty decent with RNG on my main with everything but weapons... **** weapons, who needs them...
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.