This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so very close to just quitting WoW. Can't progress due to RNG. :(

#41pres_madagascarPosted 1/25/2013 11:19:00 AM
Elaeus posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
Elaeus posted...
Wait, there are people that only do dungeons to level?
LOL. The poor misguided..

Fine fine, once you hit cata/mop crap you gotta quest, seeing as there are like no dungeons available since blizz got lazy and didn't bother making normal versions for half of the dungeons.

Wait, there are people that only dungeon up to 80?

I know I am a fun person and usually easy to amuse but come on, this is hilarious

I dungeon level exclusively to 60. 60-68 its 75% dungeons and 25% quests. 68-80 its 60% quests, 40% dungeons. 80-85 its 75% quests, 25% dungeons. 85-90 its 95% quests, 5% dungeons.

How I do it.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#42GForceDragonPosted 1/25/2013 12:59:37 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Guis guis, the main point of Half-Life is health packs, because there's more of those in the game than anything else!

Have you ever played Half-Life?
---
FIash__Gordon: "no, because Candlejack is nice enough to hit the post button and my signature is automatically at
#43mestupkid185Posted 1/25/2013 2:21:15 PM
OP... you are just lazy. leave wow.
#44AmakusaPosted 1/25/2013 2:52:00 PM
Not to brag, but I have 6 reasonably geared characters.

The secret is to get the Valor of the Ancients buff on one character, and get Revered with every rep on that same character for the rep bonus item. Once you've done that gearing an alt is trivial (in fact, I would suggest not touching an alt until you get Valor of the Ancients for that week, that buff makes getting VP on alts stupid easy).

Also important is Dominance Offensive is perhaps the most important Valor vendor in the game at the moment, and it goes up extremely quick. Having a fresh 90 with 496 gear within two weeks is crazy and does wonders to getting into Heart of Fear RF.

But the absolute worst thing you could do is try to gear that many characters at the same time; doubly so if you haven't done the above.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#45Lightning BoltPosted 1/25/2013 4:20:15 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Guis guis, the main point of Half-Life is health packs, because there's more of those in the game than anything else!

Have you ever played Half-Life?

I have, yes. I was pulling it completely out of my ass what appeared most often though. >_>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#46TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/25/2013 5:02:25 PM
Amakusa posted...
Not to brag, but I have 6 reasonably geared characters.

The secret is to get the Valor of the Ancients buff on one character, and get Revered with every rep on that same character for the rep bonus item. Once you've done that gearing an alt is trivial (in fact, I would suggest not touching an alt until you get Valor of the Ancients for that week, that buff makes getting VP on alts stupid easy).

Also important is Dominance Offensive is perhaps the most important Valor vendor in the game at the moment, and it goes up extremely quick. Having a fresh 90 with 496 gear within two weeks is crazy and does wonders to getting into Heart of Fear RF.

But the absolute worst thing you could do is try to gear that many characters at the same time; doubly so if you haven't done the above.

This was very informative, and well written.

But bro, I don't think TC cares man. I think he just wanted to whine. He also comes across like a complete lune. He apparently DETEST the day to day quest, but loves doing the exact same raids over and over on several different characters.
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#47PhrenzZephyrPosted 1/25/2013 6:01:41 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Elaeus posted...
Wait, there are people that only do dungeons to level?
LOL. The poor misguided..

Fine fine, once you hit cata/mop crap you gotta quest, seeing as there are like no dungeons available since blizz got lazy and didn't bother making normal versions for half of the dungeons.

Wait, there are people that only dungeon up to 80?

I know I am a fun person and usually easy to amuse but come on, this is hilarious

How do people get through 50-58 with dungeons only? Have fun running BRD over and over and over and over while everyone else just clears Swamp of Sorrows and is on their way I guess.
#48IqarP15Posted 1/25/2013 6:14:11 PM
don't even know what rng means...
---
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"
#49HighOnPhazonPosted 1/29/2013 3:34:22 PM
I just started LFR but I've only gotten 1 gear drop myself. If I run it this week and get no year id be pretty pissed too.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#50gamefaqwatcherPosted 1/29/2013 7:11:19 PM
"I've always had to try that much harder and that much longer than everyone i knew just to get drops to progress."

Well i find that hard to believe if you say you can't be bothered doing this: Get VP.

Ignoring the first two weeks there's about 12 weeks of valor you could of grinded. 12K is about 3-5 pieces depending on what you buy. Two other alternatives would be buying the DMC trink (Which i'm pretty sure everyone would have done for raiding), getting exalted to get a ring / neck from factions.

So that's 5-7 pieces you could of had without relying on rng. But TBH, that sounds like a real crap way to play lol. I usually don't cap VP, just accumulates from lfr. Don't even bother with those elder charms either because it requires doing those quests.

I guess i was lucky, all you really needed was a full set of 463 in the first two weeks to have access to whatever i wanted. Normal mode dog belt dropped for me first time in which was a god piece for challenge mode.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.