This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dal is neutral?

#11inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 11:01:26 AM
Elaeus posted...
THe Dalaran you see in Northrend ingame is the Dalaran in WotLK days. It wasn't updated because Northrend content didn't get any update and therefore it is completely out of time line. When you go to the Dalaran in Northrend at the moment you are living the Lich King expansion days, not the current days (that is about five or six years ago in lore).

Sucks from Blizzard, really. When you make a lv1 character, let's say an orc, you are starting shortly after the Shattering of Deathwing, then at lv60 you go BACK IN TIME to Illidan's days, then at lv70 to Northrend in Arthas' days, then for lv80-85 to the same timeline as 1-60, then the current timeline is 85-90. Yep, Blizzard sucks HARD about bonding the time lines together.

Should be happy blizzard has gone back and updated any content. Most mmo's just add new content at the end, blizzard has made wow very accessible to new players by updating everything. Eventually the other stuff might get updated, but it will take time of course.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#12TloyaPosted 1/27/2013 1:12:36 PM
It's kinda wonky.

And Jaina was in sort of a "fool me twice" situation. She trusted the Sunreavers and allowed them to send an operative to help defend Theramore against the Horde invasion. He was a spy who let the Horde in the city. Not only that, but the orcs aren't exactly experts on arcane magic--it's heavily implied that blood elf magi (which is what Sunreavers are) helped create the mana bomb which blew Theramore up. In spite of all this she respected the neutrality of the Kirin Tor and upheld it when she became its leader--she even offered Anduin a strong commitment to that neutrality early on in the Shieldwall storyline..

Then the Sunreavers betrayed her AGAIN, and it became totally obvious that they can't be trusted in the city. Trying to weed through every single one of them to figure out who's going behind her back is just untenable. She probably overreacted some--certainly there were many innocents among the Sunreavers who don't deserve to be imprisoned. It's an unfortunate consequence of war.

Also it's probably worth adding, it's not like this Sunreaver stuff is the first instance of Dalaran having issues with the Horde. The Forsaken were at their throats the whole time they were rebuilding the city in Lordaeron and even waged open war against the Kirin Tor settlement of Ambermill after Dalaran had become totally neutral.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#13inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 2:11:38 PM
Tloya posted...
It's kinda wonky.

And Jaina was in sort of a "fool me twice" situation. She trusted the Sunreavers and allowed them to send an operative to help defend Theramore against the Horde invasion. He was a spy who let the Horde in the city. Not only that, but the orcs aren't exactly experts on arcane magic--it's heavily implied that blood elf magi (which is what Sunreavers are) helped create the mana bomb which blew Theramore up. In spite of all this she respected the neutrality of the Kirin Tor and upheld it when she became its leader--she even offered Anduin a strong commitment to that neutrality early on in the Shieldwall storyline..

Then the Sunreavers betrayed her AGAIN, and it became totally obvious that they can't be trusted in the city. Trying to weed through every single one of them to figure out who's going behind her back is just untenable. She probably overreacted some--certainly there were many innocents among the Sunreavers who don't deserve to be imprisoned. It's an unfortunate consequence of war.

Also it's probably worth adding, it's not like this Sunreaver stuff is the first instance of Dalaran having issues with the Horde. The Forsaken were at their throats the whole time they were rebuilding the city in Lordaeron and even waged open war against the Kirin Tor settlement of Ambermill after Dalaran had become totally neutral.

But there has never been a strong presence of forsaken in dalaran either.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#14ChrazidPosted 1/27/2013 3:05:07 PM
MegaSlush posted...
Plotwise: Dalaran USED to be neutral, but it's becoming Alliance territory due to the (seemingly) treasonous Horde-serving Sunreavers.

As for why it's neutral in Norhrend: The same reason all the quests there are still behaving as if the LK is still a threat. It's just a different time period.

Dalaran was only "purged" this patch.

Alliance territory?
Does that mean Horde won't be allowed in?
If so, what place does Horde get in Northrend?
#15Sir WillPosted 1/27/2013 3:21:22 PM
Chrazid posted...
MegaSlush posted...
Plotwise: Dalaran USED to be neutral, but it's becoming Alliance territory due to the (seemingly) treasonous Horde-serving Sunreavers.

As for why it's neutral in Norhrend: The same reason all the quests there are still behaving as if the LK is still a threat. It's just a different time period.

Dalaran was only "purged" this patch.

Alliance territory?
Does that mean Horde won't be allowed in?
If so, what place does Horde get in Northrend?

Did... did you read what you quoted? Nothing is happening with the Dalaran in Northerend. That's Dal from a few years ago, when the Lich King was still alive.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#16Sir WillPosted 1/27/2013 3:22:36 PM
MegaSlush posted...
I haven't really played the game - I just read the quests for both sides (and comments).
As for the Horde, they DO help with whatever happens in Darnassus (won't say what), which is when Jaina decides enough is enough and begins the "purge."
While Alliance characters slow/kill the Sunreavers (who are, apparently, guilty), Horde players help them escape, since they apparently aren't involved with Garrosh's orders. The ones that weren't being imprisoned died because they fought back.

Essentially, both sides are partially wrong. Jaina was a bit overzealous with her cleaning up, yet Aethas Sunreaver chose to ignore the Horde's abuse of the Kirin Tor's neutrality.

...or something.

Some are guilty. Most have no idea what's going on. They just see their former allies turning on them, imprisoning them. Some are not fond of the idea and resist and for that they are killed.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#17UmuruPosted 1/27/2013 3:25:15 PM
Basically it was Alliance, then it turned into a neutral city so the Horde could have a quest hub/city in Northrend and now in Mists it is back to being just an Alliance city... but only in lore. It has no effect on the in-game Dalaran.
#18HakPosted 1/29/2013 4:02:34 AM
Umuru posted...
Basically it was Alliance, then it turned into a neutral city so the Horde could have a quest hub/city in Northrend and now in Mists it is back to being just an Alliance city... but only in lore. It has no effect on the in-game Dalaran.

Currently anyway. Lore-wise, Dalaran is currently on its way out of Northrend back to the crater. Can expect in the next expac to see it back there. However, given that Northrend and Outland leveling occur in their own time periods, it shouldn't have any impact on Northrend, but it will be odd having 2 Dalarans on the go...
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#19BombermanGoldPosted 1/29/2013 6:59:30 AM
Currently anyway. Lore-wise, Dalaran is currently on its way out of Northrend back to the crater. Can expect in the next expac to see it back there. However, given that Northrend and Outland leveling occur in their own time periods, it shouldn't have any impact on Northrend, but it will be odd having 2 Dalarans on the go...

Hey, if Garrosh can be in 3-4 places at one time...
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#20HakPosted 1/29/2013 7:04:37 AM
I was actually more thinking of "Why have a major Alliance capital area slap bang in the middle of zones fully under Forsaken control, meaning it's impossible for non-magic using travelers to reach?"
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa