This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dal is neutral?

#21BombermanGoldPosted 1/29/2013 8:21:08 AM
I was actually more thinking of "Why have a major Alliance capital area slap bang in the middle of zones fully under Forsaken control, meaning it's impossible for non-magic using travelers to reach?"

It'll probably get shielded again, but this time only with Alliance people being able to enter and leave at leisure.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#22DartDragoonPosted 1/29/2013 11:07:57 AM
Elaeus posted...
THe Dalaran you see in Northrend ingame is the Dalaran in WotLK days. It wasn't updated because Northrend content didn't get any update and therefore it is completely out of time line. When you go to the Dalaran in Northrend at the moment you are living the Lich King expansion days, not the current days (that is about five or six years ago in lore).

Sucks from Blizzard, really. When you make a lv1 character, let's say an orc, you are starting shortly after the Shattering of Deathwing, then at lv60 you go BACK IN TIME to Illidan's days, then at lv70 to Northrend in Arthas' days, then for lv80-85 to the same timeline as 1-60, then the current timeline is 85-90. Yep, Blizzard sucks HARD about bonding the time lines together.

What the hell do you want them to do about it ? Waste even mroe time and ressources to update Northrend and Outland ? Because we sure know that was SUCH a good idea with Azeroth right ?
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#23BombermanGoldPosted 1/29/2013 11:11:59 AM
What the hell do you want them to do about it ? Waste even mroe time and ressources to update Northrend and Outland ? Because we sure know that was SUCH a good idea with Azeroth right ?

Hey, it actually was a good idea.

Now you know why Outland is nowadays touted as a terrible place to level a character in this current game.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#24TloyaPosted 2/1/2013 10:09:26 AM
I think the argument isn't that the update to Azeroth was bad, just that the dedication of such much of Blizzard's resources to updating that content meant less dedication to endgame content which is why Cataclysm suffered.

I've never totally understood that argument since people generally considered T11 the good part of Cataclysm raiding and only thought it was bad afterwards (mainly Dragon Soul), well after Blizz was done doing all the old world revamping. I guess it's possible a lot more effort goes to patch content during expansion development than I think, though.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#25ElaeusPosted 2/1/2013 11:27:17 AM
DartDragoon posted...
Elaeus posted...
THe Dalaran you see in Northrend ingame is the Dalaran in WotLK days. It wasn't updated because Northrend content didn't get any update and therefore it is completely out of time line. When you go to the Dalaran in Northrend at the moment you are living the Lich King expansion days, not the current days (that is about five or six years ago in lore).

Sucks from Blizzard, really. When you make a lv1 character, let's say an orc, you are starting shortly after the Shattering of Deathwing, then at lv60 you go BACK IN TIME to Illidan's days, then at lv70 to Northrend in Arthas' days, then for lv80-85 to the same timeline as 1-60, then the current timeline is 85-90. Yep, Blizzard sucks HARD about bonding the time lines together.

The revamp to Azeroth was one of Cata's best accomplishments. What is it you smoke?

Also I don't want alts and new players to feel like that when it comes to timelines. That's just stupid.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#26thatguy181Posted 2/1/2013 2:53:06 PM(edited)
ss5joshua posted...
Spoilers below!

In a nutshell, most of the issues occur in the newest Warcraft book. Garrosh blows up Theramore, but his massacre is made all the more deadly due to the fact that a Sunreaver betrays Jaina and allows the Horde to enter one of the gates into Theramore. This allows the Horde to march into the city and start slaughtering everyone. The Horde scenario for Theramore actually has you go into the city just before the bomb goes off to specifically rescue the guy. This is what starts Jaina's distrust of the Sunreavers.

During the Horde dailies in Krasarang, you get the assistance of the Sunreavers to invade Darnassus and steal the artifact that they're hiding from Garrosh. Jaina finds out that the Sunreavers helped the Horde again with something that will put the Alliance at an extreme disadvantage and threaten a lot of lives, so she begins purging the Sunreavers from Dalaran.

Don't forget to mention that Jaina broke Kirin Tor neutrality by helping the Alliance hide the bell.

She's hardly innocent in the whole matter of the supposed "Kirin Tor" neutrality. She's just as guilty of helping the Alliance as she claims the Sunreavers are of helping the Horde. She's a mad dog that will be put down eventually like all mad dogs.