This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you think about it, PvPers are the true fans of WoW....

#1Hoops01Posted 1/25/2013 10:51:38 AM
PvE players are just here for the gear... If Blizz removed gear from the game and people did raids for the fun of it and not for upgrades, most PvErs would quit..... yet it wouldn't effect PvP at all really if they removed gear.

Is that not kinda bad?
#2Forte612Posted 1/25/2013 10:53:10 AM
wat
---
-JohnnyShred612
#3MegaSlushPosted 1/25/2013 10:53:56 AM
wat

---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#4Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:56:40 AM
If you removed gear from the game.

Most PVErs would quit the game, as people generally only kill dragons as they want gear, not because they actually enjoy it.

PvPers would still play as they play the game for fun and not for the gear.
#5Right_Chus_1Posted 1/25/2013 10:56:57 AM
ITT: People who cant read.

And no, its not bad. It would be the same thing as saying "Gamers are the only true fans of bowling alleys, if they took away all the lanes, all the bowlers would leave but it wouldnt affect the arcade".

Yea, its that dumb.
#6MegaSlushPosted 1/25/2013 11:00:18 AM(edited)
I can read. The TC is just secretly saying PVE'rs only find fun in getting gear, which I don't really agree with. That's my opinion, at least.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#7Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:00:22 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
ITT: People who cant read.

And no, its not bad. It would be the same thing as saying "Gamers are the only true fans of bowling alleys, if they took away all the lanes, all the bowlers would leave but it wouldnt affect the arcade".

Yea, its that dumb.

Whilst I see where you are going, in my example has changed. The game of bowling is still the same, people still have lanes and there are still skittles.... it is just at the end of the game, you do not have a beer. What I am saying is that people actually only play bowling as they want the beer, not because they enjoy playing bowling.

Whereas PvPers do not care about the beer, they just came here to bowl, albeit a different kind of bowling.
#8Blue7Posted 1/25/2013 11:03:14 AM
Isn't PVP all about gear too? Dat pvp power
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
PSN: KujoMackenbarn
#9Right_Chus_1Posted 1/25/2013 11:04:49 AM(edited)
Its still like taking a big part of one game completely out and not touching the other part and saying the part that wasnt touched wont change. Of course it wont change.

People kill dragons to get gear to be able to kill the next dragons. Without the gear the harder dragons wouldnt die so of course people wouldnt play it, because they couldnt. The whole pve mini game is to kill and get gear to kill the things that were previously impossible to kill without the gear. If you take the gear away, you cant progress to the harder fights so it would be pointless.
#10Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:05:01 AM
Right_Chus_1 posted...
Its still like taking a big part of one game completely out and not touching the other part and saying the part that wasnt touched wont change. Of course it wont change.

People kill dragons to get gear to be able to kill the next dragons. Without the gear the harder dragons wouldnt die so of course people wouldnt play it, because they couldnt. The whole pve mini game is to kill and get gear to kill the things that were previously impossible to kill without the gear.

Ahh, but why do you need harder dragons? Why make all those raids obsolete? Surely it would make more sense to have no gear at all so all the raid content is relevent?