This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you think about it, PvPers are the true fans of WoW....

#31xKillaPandaxPosted 1/25/2013 12:45:43 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
B1g_Clown posted...
I'm pretty sure the only fun pvpers get is ganking low levels or beating much lower geared players than they are.

Soooo gear is probably even more prominent in pvp.

gg

I don't know where to begin here. I'm just going to state that gear is completely homogenized in GW2 PvP which is very much alive. LoL players have no advantage over each other, other than experience.

Take that as you will. If you start to feel a bit stupid then that's entirely your call.

Oh boy
---
Animal Crossing
#32devilkazuya187Posted 1/25/2013 1:14:53 PM
pvp ruins pve
#33B1g_ClownPosted 1/25/2013 1:53:45 PM
RomeoMinola posted...
B1g_Clown posted...
I'm pretty sure the only fun pvpers get is ganking low levels or beating much lower geared players than they are.

gg

I don't know where to begin here. I'm just going to state that gear is completely homogenized in GW2 PvP which is very much alive. LoL players have no advantage over each other, other than experience.

Take that as you will. If you start to feel a bit stupid then that's entirely your call.

Lulz. You give me examples of other games pvp and don't even discuss the topic at hand. Fail.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#34ElaeusPosted 1/25/2013 2:09:52 PM
You are wrong TC, not even sure if this is troll topic but am biting.

When I play I play for server firsts, breaking WoL ranks, and most importantly: Fun with my guild friends.

Gear is nice, but that's what it's all: A nice added bonus. Also well progressed groups generally get the gear anyway.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#35Tv is goodPosted 1/25/2013 2:16:42 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
RomeoMinola posted...
B1g_Clown posted...

gg

Lulz. You give me examples of other games pvp and don't even discuss the topic at hand. Fail.

Re-read your own message, shall we? You made a generalized statement with no discussion of the topic at hand, then turn around at your replying poster for showing you a clear example of how you're wrong through other games.

Please, go troll somewhere else while the big boys talk.
---
Love is the slowest form of suicide.
#36GeminiX7Posted 1/25/2013 2:52:53 PM
Remove all CC(stuns, snares, silences, etc.)and PvP would crumble. PvE players rarely care about CC. Therefore they are the true fans of WoW.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#37RomeoMinolaPosted 1/25/2013 2:58:34 PM
B1g_Clown posted...

My faith in human intelligence demands I believe this is a troll but I'll bite regardless. Assuming you were specifically referring to WoW PvPers, I chose my examples for two specific reasons. Namely; as we have no true way of knowing for sure whether or not WoW players only care about "ganking low levels" and undergeared players I chose GW2 which has very similar PvP to WoW but without gear scaling. LoL I chose simply because it is a purely PvP oriented (if you disregard the training modes) and extremely popular online game. You're welcome to share evidence of why WoW players would behave so erratically different from players from these two games but given that you have not provided a base for a single statement you've made thus far, forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Secondly I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "don't even discuss the topic at hand" given that I already voiced my opinion in this thread earlier but as Tv kindly pointed out, it was a bit of a hypocritical remark given that your only "contribution" to this topic was a baseless, blanket statement which borders on trolling rather than an "actual" discussion material.
#38Coop14Posted 1/25/2013 3:27:55 PM
Jesus I just lost brain cells reading this ****
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#39Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:21:51 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Remove all CC(stuns, snares, silences, etc.)and PvP would crumble. PvE players rarely care about CC. Therefore they are the true fans of WoW.

You are changing game mechanics... I am not doing that. It is the same content, but with no gear.
#40Genocet_10-325Posted 1/25/2013 4:52:35 PM
Hoops01 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...

You are changing game mechanics... I am not doing that. It is the same content, but with no gear.

Let me tell you about MapleStory PvP. When it was first added it had some nice rewards and was incredibly popular and well received by everyone, Then Nexon(company that makes MS) decided it was too rewarding and still left PvP in the game but took out all the nice gear rewards and most of it's exp reward.

They were forced to make PvP award experience and gear again because absolutely nobody did it anymore and the PvP areas were always deserted. Once the gear/exp was re-added, it's use picked right back up.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Tayphetamine