This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some people take this game way too seriously

#1xHughJasxPosted 1/25/2013 12:23:29 PM
I was watching one of the top guilds practice on the PTR and...wow. Raid leader is raging all over the place. Being completely stone faced and out if line. Do people honestly have fun doing this? Its a game people...
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#2Little ZardarPosted 1/25/2013 12:27:17 PM
lol is this like the 90s? Competitive gaming is actually a thing now and you get paid more than doctors if you're pro.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#3xHughJasx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:30:02 PM
"The average salary for competitive gamers ranges from about $12,000 to $30,000"

I sure hope my doctor gets paid more than that.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#4ViolentAbacusPosted 1/25/2013 12:33:02 PM
I agree.

Though, it is pretty fun messing around with the people who take the seriousness overboard.
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#5AceronPosted 1/25/2013 12:39:33 PM
It's like some twisted variant on rule 34.

If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#6devilkazuya187Posted 1/25/2013 12:42:30 PM
maybe its because the amount of time invested?
#7Glockass1Posted 1/25/2013 12:44:34 PM
devilkazuya187 posted...

that
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#8KrozardPosted 1/25/2013 12:48:01 PM
xHughJasx posted...
I was watching one of the top guilds practice on the PTR and...wow. Raid leader is raging all over the place. Being completely stone faced and out if line. Do people honestly have fun doing this? Its a game people...

That's exactly why I'm not a raid leader (anymore).

I understand the need to be...strict...it keeps people on track, and reduces stupid deaths (at least from what I've seen).

But raging and yelling just isn't me. I really don't care if we wipe multiple times in a night, I'm usually one of the last ones to give up (unless it's getting really late and I need to be up early the next day).

I used to try raid leading, but it ended badly since I don't rage or yell...people weren't taking progression seriously, and repeatedly died from stupid stuff.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#9xHughJasx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:52:52 PM
devilkazuya187 posted...

You can invest plenty of time into anything and still have fun doing it rather than being super strict and doing nothing but yelling and kicking people.
---
#10ViolentAbacusPosted 1/25/2013 3:39:32 PM
xHughJasx posted...
devilkazuya187 posted...

You can invest plenty of time into anything and still have fun doing it rather than being super strict and doing nothing but yelling and kicking people.

It's the main reason I prefer PvP in this game, since it's me and my friend(s), and it doesn't matter if we just screw around
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.