This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some people take this game way too seriously

#11vahndragonwingPosted 1/25/2013 4:51:30 PM
xHughJasx posted...
devilkazuya187 posted...
maybe its because the amount of time invested?

You can invest plenty of time into anything and still have fun doing it rather than being super strict and doing nothing but yelling and kicking people.

But you can't get to world first status with your raid not performing optimally.

TBH though, it's why I'm a LFR hero. Too many people who will never get anywhere close to world firsts pulling that same s*** because they see top guilds doing it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#12dermoratrakenPosted 1/25/2013 5:35:04 PM
People have fun being successful. I like to point out to the "it's just a game" crowd that if you can't even succeed at a game, how can you ever expect to succeed in life? I take everything i do seriously.
#13Wyrmwarrior5Posted 1/25/2013 5:37:37 PM
dermoratraken posted...
People have fun being successful. I like to point out to the "it's just a game" crowd that if you can't even succeed at a game, how can you ever expect to succeed in life? I take everything i do seriously.

That's honestly a terrible comparison. Someone not taking something meant to be fun seriously is in no way indicative of if they take important things such as school/work/social ties seriously.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#14ViolentAbacusPosted 1/25/2013 5:38:11 PM
dermoratraken posted...

I take next to nothing I do seriously, and not because I can't do it. I don't take things seriously because I know that if I take things seriously, I'll get frustrated, if I get frustrated I get mad, and I don't want to spend all my life being serious. Plus I'm not a very serious person. :D

I've honestly don't see how people who get mad or take things seriously in games have any fun whatsoever. Like, when I watch my cousins play games they literally yell and hit things when they die or don't do something right. Doesn't seem very appealing to me.
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#15dermoratrakenPosted 1/25/2013 5:51:21 PM
That's honestly a terrible comparison. Someone not taking something meant to be fun seriously is in no way indicative of if they take important things such as school/work/social ties seriously.

Sounds like something a failure would say.
#16havok718Posted 1/25/2013 5:55:49 PM
Raiders are there to get loot, not to hold hands and sing kumbaya
#17AceronPosted 1/25/2013 6:03:03 PM
havok718 posted...
Raiders are there to get loot, not to hold hands and sing kumbaya

Nope, not even. The raiders we're talking about here only care about the world first achievements. The loot is merely a stepping stone. There's no realm firsts for completing your tier set.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#18MakeHatePosted 1/25/2013 6:09:47 PM
How/where do we watch this happen? Some nerd rage would cheer me up.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#19SIashPosted 1/25/2013 7:01:48 PM
Little Zardar posted...
lol is this like the 90s? Competitive gaming is actually a thing now and you get paid more than doctors if you're pro.

Or stupid.

You must be rich.
---
Proud and exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#20Ep1taph303Posted 1/25/2013 7:28:55 PM
dermoratraken posted...

You sound like a wonderful person.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/