This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like the old talents or the new ones more?

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/25/2013 7:13:00 PM
I think the new ones are better as a system, and so far they have done (for the most part) and excellent job of making all talents interesting and useful.

But the one thing I missed was how many times, there were more than 3 builds for a class. I know this mostly happened during times when things were imbalanced. But it was fun, and I thought it was interesting.

Aside from that though, I think its much better now overall because its nice to have at least 3 builds, where as there were points for some classes where it was 1 build and thats it.
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#2vahndragonwingPosted 1/25/2013 7:14:45 PM
It was neat getting a talent point every level, and it was cool making some of the hybrid builds (for dailies or soloing or whatnot.) That said, I feel the new system is much better mechanically, in that it cuts all of the fluff and lets you be a lot more customizable TALENT wise.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender
#3cybersniper9800Posted 1/25/2013 7:16:05 PM
I enjoyed the steady build up you got with the old one. A talent might increase the damage by 25% or something. Those talents made leveling more fun imo
---
Speaking of Quantum Physics.....
#4angrywalrus13Posted 1/25/2013 7:16:21 PM
Pretty much what vahn said. It's cool to just be like "oh hey i got a thing" somewhat often as you level, but the new talents feel a lot better and I find myself interacting with them far more than I ever did with the old ones, so yeah.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5TloyaPosted 1/25/2013 7:55:11 PM
I admit I kind of miss the psychological payoff of "oh boy, another point to place," even if realistically I had no choice on where I was going to put that point. Getting a level that isn't a multiple of 15 just doesn't feel quite as rewarding.

At the same time I love the versatility of the new system, and I love that most of the talents have no impact on DPS so I can pick what I find useful personally.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#6gohan105105Posted 1/25/2013 8:06:53 PM
Personally I preffered the old system, as you could really have more of an effect in what spec you were playing. Now with only a few choices you can't really make as much of a difference.
---
I lived my life defending others. But now... there's no one left to protect. Maybe... it's time I shaped my own story.
#7AmakusaPosted 1/25/2013 8:40:06 PM
The new one is better, if only because you can't join a random group with someone who picks something completely useless.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#8mrhighlife83Posted 1/25/2013 8:40:34 PM
gohan105105 posted...
Personally I preffered the old system, as you could really have more of an effect in what spec you were playing. Now with only a few choices you can't really make as much of a difference.

True, the old system did give you a lot of chances to be increasingly bad.
#9ElaeusPosted 1/25/2013 9:07:49 PM
I love the new system. Only cool thing about old one is looking forward to the next level to earn a point especially in very early days, but this is nothing I miss.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10angrywalrus13Posted 1/25/2013 9:35:27 PM
It's weird playing with my more-casual friends who usually ask me for help with picking talents, and when I just say "pick whichever you think seems niftiest" they're totally confused. It's interesting.
---
Thomx
like tommicks