Do you like the old talents or the new ones more?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do you like the old talents or the new ones more?

User Info: TheSteelPhoenix

TheSteelPhoenix
4 years ago#1
I think the new ones are better as a system, and so far they have done (for the most part) and excellent job of making all talents interesting and useful.

But the one thing I missed was how many times, there were more than 3 builds for a class. I know this mostly happened during times when things were imbalanced. But it was fun, and I thought it was interesting.

Aside from that though, I think its much better now overall because its nice to have at least 3 builds, where as there were points for some classes where it was 1 build and thats it.
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.

User Info: vahndragonwing

vahndragonwing
4 years ago#2
It was neat getting a talent point every level, and it was cool making some of the hybrid builds (for dailies or soloing or whatnot.) That said, I feel the new system is much better mechanically, in that it cuts all of the fluff and lets you be a lot more customizable TALENT wise.
3DS Friend Code: 3050-9023-0902 - Ender
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 3440-1140-5876 - Ender

User Info: cybersniper9800

cybersniper9800
4 years ago#3
I enjoyed the steady build up you got with the old one. A talent might increase the damage by 25% or something. Those talents made leveling more fun imo
Speaking of Quantum Physics.....

User Info: angrywalrus13

angrywalrus13
4 years ago#4
Pretty much what vahn said. It's cool to just be like "oh hey i got a thing" somewhat often as you level, but the new talents feel a lot better and I find myself interacting with them far more than I ever did with the old ones, so yeah.
Thomx
like tommicks

User Info: Tloya

Tloya
4 years ago#5
I admit I kind of miss the psychological payoff of "oh boy, another point to place," even if realistically I had no choice on where I was going to put that point. Getting a level that isn't a multiple of 15 just doesn't feel quite as rewarding.

At the same time I love the versatility of the new system, and I love that most of the talents have no impact on DPS so I can pick what I find useful personally.
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg

User Info: gohan105105

gohan105105
4 years ago#6
Personally I preffered the old system, as you could really have more of an effect in what spec you were playing. Now with only a few choices you can't really make as much of a difference.
I lived my life defending others. But now... there's no one left to protect. Maybe... it's time I shaped my own story.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 years ago#7
The new one is better, if only because you can't join a random group with someone who picks something completely useless.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: mrhighlife83

mrhighlife83
4 years ago#8
gohan105105 posted...
Personally I preffered the old system, as you could really have more of an effect in what spec you were playing. Now with only a few choices you can't really make as much of a difference.

True, the old system did give you a lot of chances to be increasingly bad.

User Info: Elaeus

Elaeus
4 years ago#9
I love the new system. Only cool thing about old one is looking forward to the next level to earn a point especially in very early days, but this is nothing I miss.
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22

User Info: angrywalrus13

angrywalrus13
4 years ago#10
It's weird playing with my more-casual friends who usually ask me for help with picking talents, and when I just say "pick whichever you think seems niftiest" they're totally confused. It's interesting.
Thomx
like tommicks
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do you like the old talents or the new ones more?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived