This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are shaman good at anything right now

#11MajinUltimaPosted 1/26/2013 6:33:59 PM
Ele Shaman AOE is pretty competitive, especially if you were to stack Mastery rather than Haste (though you probably shouldn't). Sustained damage is mediocre but is lifted during Ascendance periods. Ascendance + Ancestral Guidance is also a very potent healing cooldown.

Respectably strong off-healing during periods where it may be beneficial to do so (like Tsulong day phase).
---
Homura-chan is the coolest.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8901/homura03.jpg
#12HighOnPhazonPosted 1/26/2013 6:50:16 PM
I'm rolling an Enhancement Shammy right now, and I'd say it's..just ok. I dont beat anyone unless they suck or are worse geared than me.

I get beat by Monks, Warriors, Death Knights, Mages, Warlocks, Feral Druids, Balance Druids etc.

The only class that I beat are Rogues because lol Rogues
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#13Glockass1Posted 1/27/2013 2:55:09 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I'm rolling an Enhancement Shammy right now, and I'd say it's..just ok. I dont beat anyone unless they suck or are worse geared than me.

I get beat by Monks, Warriors, Death Knights, Mages, Warlocks, Feral Druids, Balance Druids etc.

Or you just suck as Enhance?
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#14IdTheDemonPosted 1/27/2013 3:11:54 AM
Ele is caca
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#15LanceFlugermanPosted 1/27/2013 4:43:34 AM
i use my shaman as a bank toon, instant ghost wolf is the bomb when running out of the AH to the mail box or a vendor mammoth just waiting outside.

my hunter banker is a bit faster because they are engineering though.
---
Ma Ma Se Ma Ma Sa Ma Ma Coo Sa.
#16blakmogPosted 1/27/2013 4:45:17 AM
Glockass1 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...

Or you just suck as Enhance?

I lol'd
---
: PSN : Blackmog : PLAYING : WoW - DIABLO III :
: Best game ever : DEMON'S SOULS (>^^)>
#17piplupzeroPosted 1/27/2013 5:41:38 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

You get beaten by monks... That's not the classes fault...
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#18inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 11:03:51 AM
I murder lots of things and people with my enhance, and it's only my alt spec. Resto is great right now IMO. But I could use with OP chain heal again, they nerfed it's OP qualities >.<
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#19MorgasaurusPosted 1/27/2013 9:47:29 PM
I am not a dps shaman expert but didn't their lightning bolt suffer? What about their other skills (shocks and lava burst)? Did those scale better?

Yeah single target is garbage over the course of the fight, but during ascendance we dominate. The one thing we don't need more of is getting buffed (AoE damage). Additionally Glyph of Flame will no longer be mandatory as the flame shock duration is being made baseline. That helps us approximately... not at all since all the other major glyphs are crap anyway except unleashed lightning which is also basically mandatory.

Unless there are stealth buffs I don't know about since I don't actually play on the PTR, elemental still won't be very spectacular.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26