This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish I would have stayed true to myself and "held the course"

#1Flamechamp2333Posted 1/26/2013 10:38:47 PM
Last year in May, I accepted a scroll of rez and leveled a Paladin instantly to 80 and then to level 85 in a couple weeks. It was the first time I played any of Cata.

Well I eventually just did those special dungeons that gave free purple gear and got a high enough item level to search some raid, I don't know which but it had some huge ass dragon in it.

I joined the random raid and instantly we fought the boss, with myself having absolutely no idea what to do or even where this raid dungeon was located.

Well we killed the boss and it dropped a 2h sword that summoned some little worm when it proc'ed. I won the sword out of like 10 others who wanted it and everybody left but the raid leader. He insisted on paying me gold for the sword, which I don't even think was possible because we were on different realms.

Since he wanted it so bad, I promised to give him the sword if he ran 500 laps around the medium sized plateau we were on. He started being a pain in the ass after a couple laps so I said he had to count his lap total when he "reached" the invisible line that I made up. And he did this.

I caved in around his 20th lap. I would have stayed true if I had a friend with me or watching what I was witnessing. It truly would have been awesome if this guy really did move his character in fairly sized circles 500 times for a stupid piece of loot.

But I just couldn't hang with it. I didn't then and don't now, have the patience to watch somebody do that for hundreds of times. Maybe if someone was with me and us getting a kick out of it like 2 bros on the couch watching football and drinking beers. But alas, I just couldn't do it by myself.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#2DrPrimemasterPosted 1/26/2013 10:47:02 PM
If only you had video.
---
Metroids suck
#3ElaeusPosted 1/27/2013 1:26:23 AM
That is why this game needs you back TC.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#4GForceDragonPosted 1/27/2013 1:28:30 AM
You shouldn't have given him the sword.
---
"It's like some twisted variant on rule 34. If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions." - Aceron
#5ShiningForceXPosted 1/27/2013 2:09:56 AM
Made up story. So obvious.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!
#6bronze4v4proPosted 1/27/2013 11:36:02 AM
I didn't give the sword. I was a ret paladin and actually wanted it when I saw it drop. When I say I caved in, I mean I kept it for myself and went offline.
#7inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 11:43:30 AM
ShiningForceX posted...

it so was, CRZ didn't exist then and nobody just happens into the first LFR without knowing what it was.

Failed story at that too.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#8Wyrmwarrior5Posted 1/27/2013 11:45:01 AM
inferiorweasel posted...
ShiningForceX posted...

it so was, CRZ didn't exist then and nobody just happens into the first LFR without knowing what it was.

Failed story at that too.

Good thing he never mentioned CRZ.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#9TheGreatCheezePosted 1/27/2013 12:16:55 PM
10/10 TC, I'm glad you're back;
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#10ShiningForceXPosted 1/29/2013 6:25:11 AM
Wyrmwarrior, English is your primary language?

TC starts with last year in May...and goes on to say the guy who wanted his sword was from a different realm. Starting to put it together?

Also, he describes some sword that procs a worm. Like he would know that simply by looting and never using the weapon.

TC is a tool. Save the bashes for him.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!