This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gods, I miss this game. Time to buy Pandaria?

#21DivineWraithPosted 1/27/2013 1:15:44 PM
There's a 10 day MoP trial floating around somewhere on the battle.net account page. That's what I used to give it a go near the end of December. You can only get to level 86 though, so it's pretty limited.

I got lucky and a friend just randomly bought the expansion for me, so I subbed up for a month to get the most out of it. My sub actually just ran out this morning, but I would say it was worth the time and money I did put into it. Mostly the time, since I only paid $15.

I did most of what I could. Ended with a 483 ilvl, all the reps at exalted except for august celestials and the black prince. Saw all the raids, granted it was only through LFR, but I didn't care to go further than that since I knew I wouldn't be resubbing. Got my rogue to 90 and a 480 ilvl as well. Made a monk and got him to 46, and leveled my mage to 89.

All in all, MoP is pretty good. I'd be willing to buy the expansion myself, which is saying a lot since my homepage is piratebay. lol
#22reaper329Posted 1/27/2013 2:51:51 PM(edited)
I have the trial of MoP. As soon as I can wing it (college isn't conducive to having money...have to eat and all), I'm getting the full version. It's absolutely fantastic. The story is improved vastly, the Pandaren are an interesting people, and Pandaria itself is very nice. I also like the dungeons quite a bit, though I have not done the raids yet.

Additionally, monks are fighting hard right now as a really solid contender for favorite class...I find mine more fun than my Lock (mostly...lol my favor jumps wildly), and close to my DK, which is really, really saying something. I'm quite attached to my DK.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#23Nightbird_XPosted 1/27/2013 2:15:39 PM
inferiorweasel posted...
If you could actually read you'd see that wasn't the case. HE was mentioning his arsed laptop for his ending. But I don't expect you to have read an entire topic before being a tool.

If you could actually read, he didn't say anything about stopping because of his laptop (unless it was farther down in the topic). I wouldn't expect you to be intelligent however, since you use "tool" as an insult.

YEAH YOU'RE A TOTAL SOCKET WRENCH BRO!
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#24Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 1/27/2013 3:08:45 PM
Gods? You must be confused. There's only one God.
---
Yep.
#25Coop14Posted 1/27/2013 3:15:34 PM
Its better then Cata in every way.
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#26ElaeusPosted 1/27/2013 3:23:39 PM
Coop14 posted...

t11 > t14 in EVERY way. Sorry.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#27ti83magicPosted 1/27/2013 3:25:22 PM
I started three days ago, after a break since 2010 (before cata). I have to say, it's worth it for me. I got a scroll of resurrection from a friend, which means I could get a character to 80 for free (which I already had, so didn't apply to me), you get cataclysm for free, and you get a character moved for free to the server of your friend. I brought the heirlooms on the server I played on, by placing them in the bags of the character I moved, and my gold, and was ready for a new start.

There´s a lot of new things to me. Guild levels, new talent ´trees´, new zones, a whole new class (levelling the pandaran monk as we speak, level 31 now), they revamped all instances I've done so far... yeah, I'm enjoying myself immensely, and can absolutely recommend it. On the other hand, there's a lot more new things for me than for you, probably, so boredom might hit you hard. I also like the convenience of things- graveyards are closer to instances, you can buy heirlooms via the guild, and quests are more clearly than I remember.

All in all, yes :)
---
I hope it's rehab for your atrocious spelling. ~ Perfect Light
*you're. fail less. ~ HesOurYou
#28B1g_ClownPosted 1/27/2013 3:30:41 PM
Teh_Dr_Phil posted...
Gods? You must be confused. There's only one God.

Nope. Impossible for there to be only one. There has to be multiple to explain everything there ever was or will be. If you believe in only one then you are wrong.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#29inferiorweaselPosted 1/27/2013 3:39:08 PM
Nightbird_X posted...
inferiorweasel posted...
If you could actually read you'd see that wasn't the case. HE was mentioning his arsed laptop for his ending. But I don't expect you to have read an entire topic before being a tool.

If you could actually read, he didn't say anything about stopping because of his laptop (unless it was farther down in the topic). I wouldn't expect you to be intelligent however, since you use "tool" as an insult.

YEAH YOU'RE A TOTAL SOCKET WRENCH BRO!

Lawl, Lrn2Troll bro.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)
#30Coop14Posted 1/27/2013 3:51:34 PM
Coop14 posted...

t11 > t14 in EVERY way. Sorry.

I will give you that Elaeus, but T14>12/13
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.