This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vashj'ir isn't actually a bad questing zone, I actually enjoyed it.

#11CornwallacePosted 1/27/2013 4:07:21 PM
People camped the early parts of Vashj'ir when I was there a few days ago. Now I'm doing Hyjal and there's far more people everywhere.
---
http://creativegametheory.com/ Upcoming free Tower Defense game, check it out if you want. I'm not the boss of you. Platinum FC - 4599 8066 5562
#12bdavis93Posted 1/27/2013 4:28:57 PM
Vashj'ir was amazing. Of course, people had to moan about it and now we'll never get another cool zone ever again.
#13GiantwaspfacePosted 1/27/2013 4:30:00 PM
Its a nice idea, and quite fun at first. However, its slow and tricky to navigate the zone and the quest lines are uninspired (oh look another "kill Naga" quest, how exciting). I remember how when Cata first hit, I was still floundering around in Vash'jir when my friends who picked Hyjal had finished the zone and moved on.

I feel that half the trouble is that the Naga, despite looking quite cool, are one-dimensional bad guys at best, and they are damn near the only mobs in the entire zone. The quests just degenerate into a blur of "blah blah kill more naga and maybe some fish blah de blah am I done yet?". Also, the whole story arc never comes to a satisfying conclusion because Blizz dropped the Abyssal Maw raid they had planned.

That being said, I did enjoy the zone; its just less efficient when compared to leveling in Hyjal.
---
"I told you I was ill"
-Spike Milligan's epitaph.
#14Lwaxana_TroiPosted 1/27/2013 4:30:50 PM
lol@judging a questing zone by how it is on a PvP server.
#15angrywalrus13Posted 1/27/2013 5:03:05 PM
bdavis93 posted...
Vashj'ir was amazing. Of course, people had to moan about it and now we'll never get another cool zone ever again.

Yeah. It's one of my favorite zones.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#16BenuNekoPosted 1/27/2013 5:23:52 PM
Agreed. I was disappointed that, once they introduced Firelands, you pretty much had to do Hyjal. I loved Vashj'ir.
---
Ever thus the deadbeats, Lebowski. -Woo
DC United | Arsenal FC | United States Men's National Soccer Team | New York Yankees
#17DivineWraithPosted 1/27/2013 5:30:40 PM
I actually like Vashj'ir as well. It is actually somewhat fun. I've actually leveled all of my 80+ characters through there and actually never got tired of it. I actually found Poseidus once too, but I was actually too early. 2 weeks after I actually killed him, they actually added the mount to him. It actually made me angry for a short while, but believe it or not, I actually got over it.
#18angrywalrus13Posted 1/27/2013 5:44:05 PM(edited)
actually

actually

actually
---
Thomx
best gimmick ever, actually
#19Fire_AwayPosted 1/27/2013 5:48:37 PM
Lwaxana_Troi posted...
lol@judging a questing zone by how it is on a PvP server.

Well I played it on a PvP server. How else am I supposed to judge it?
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#20Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/27/2013 5:57:05 PM
It's only slow until you get the mount, which doesn't take much passed the introduction. Plus, as most peeps were going hyjal, you didn't have to wait as long for quest mobs and bosses.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa