This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They should give us hard mode questing.

#21BobTDonutPosted 1/28/2013 12:50:50 PM
Throwing out the phrase "logical fallacy" says to me that while you do technically understand what it means you have learned it through google or some other such means and are only inserting it here to make yourself seem more intelligent. I say this because in this context it is strange, there are simplier less "clumsy" ways of stating what you mean and I believe you have chosen this one only to make yourself seem "smarter".

Since when the hell did "logical fallacy" become something that one used to sound smart? Is it because I added "logical" to it? If I would just said "fallacy" it would of been different?

Seriously, this is the first time I have EVER seen this type of response from anyone's use of "logical fallacy".
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#22teltecPosted 1/28/2013 12:58:41 PM
Sulticune posted...
They had this in vanilla, they were called Elite quests.

Oh how I miss collecting those sigils on my lvl 35 Warlock at Stromgarde. It was a fun challenge, I felt pretty skilled one time when I managed to kill 3 at the same time.

Doing the quests in Jintha'Alor with all those elites around was a *****. Most where three person quests.
---
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill
#23TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/28/2013 3:39:55 PM
What logical fallacy was it by the way? Cause I wasn't trying to make an argument, i was trying to be sarcastic. I should have gone simpler for you. You're a miserable wretch. You are so insecure in your being that you have to come to online message boards and through denunciation, you hope by inference to appear a person of superior quality.

Spoiler alert: you just look like an ass.
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#24BobTDonutPosted 1/28/2013 4:27:47 PM
Cause I wasn't trying to make an argument, i was trying to be sarcastic.

And that sarcasm was attempting to prove what exactly? That I thought myself higher than others? That I felt that there is no challenge in the game simply because I stated that the Brawler's Guild (nothing else mentioned btw) did not have any real difficulty to it?

I didn't come into this topic and say that I am amazing and you all suck. I stated that leveling cannot be presented as difficult without feeling artificial through grinding, and should not be for the game is designed around endgame, and not leveling. While leveling is a large part of the game (as a way to sample the various lore of the WoW universe), its far from the focus. I then proceeded to state that Brawler's Guild is not that hard, and that it is mostly a gear check due to the hard enrage (which btw, this is an opinion, and is still not one that I presented in a manner of "if you don't find this easy you suck"). You then proceeded to get defensive because I found a certain part of the game simple.

Are you that defensive that others might find things easier than you? Did you maybe get chomped by Bruce a couple of times because you couldn't move out of the way (Oh look, my first real attempt at trying to belittle someone! And it was made after I was clearly attacked for no reason!)? Or are you maybe just mad that I think leveling should stay easy because it makes it faster to get through and get to the real game?

In short, you presented a logical fallacy (thinking that I feel I am above others due to the way I presented my claims) and attempted to shroud it in sarcasm, and now you are attempting to claim I am some sort of villain because I find some things easier than others.

So... who is the ass in this situation?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#25TloyaPosted 1/28/2013 5:18:04 PM
It'd be really awkward and hard to implement world content at different difficulty levels like that. Are the two difficulties in different phases? Do monsters magically scale up or down depending on who engages them?

As has been said, it's easy to make questing more challenging: take off pieces of gear until things are sufficiently difficult.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/i3yr8w.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2d9tox1.jpg
#26TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/28/2013 6:28:45 PM
BobTDonut posted...
Cause I wasn't trying to make an argument, i was trying to be sarcastic.

And that sarcasm was attempting to prove what exactly? That I thought myself higher than others? That I felt that there is no challenge in the game simply because I stated that the Brawler's Guild (nothing else mentioned btw) did not have any real difficulty to it?

I didn't come into this topic and say that I am amazing and you all suck. I stated that leveling cannot be presented as difficult without feeling artificial through grinding, and should not be for the game is designed around endgame, and not leveling. While leveling is a large part of the game (as a way to sample the various lore of the WoW universe), its far from the focus. I then proceeded to state that Brawler's Guild is not that hard, and that it is mostly a gear check due to the hard enrage (which btw, this is an opinion, and is still not one that I presented in a manner of "if you don't find this easy you suck"). You then proceeded to get defensive because I found a certain part of the game simple.

Are you that defensive that others might find things easier than you? Did you maybe get chomped by Bruce a couple of times because you couldn't move out of the way (Oh look, my first real attempt at trying to belittle someone! And it was made after I was clearly attacked for no reason!)? Or are you maybe just mad that I think leveling should stay easy because it makes it faster to get through and get to the real game?

In short, you presented a logical fallacy (thinking that I feel I am above others due to the way I presented my claims) and attempted to shroud it in sarcasm, and now you are attempting to claim I am some sort of villain because I find some things easier than others.

So... who is the ass in this situation?

I think the term you are looking for is "factually incorrect", not "logical fallacy". Stay free kid.
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#27BetaPosted 1/28/2013 7:17:08 PM
I like this idea. I have fond memories of being challenged by quests and NPCs in the past, whether it was from vanilla leveling, soloing elites before they became just regular mobs with more HP, or going back to do group content after out-leveling it.

These days I feel so uber that I regularly gather 3-5 mobs when possible, and get annoyed when I die with an entire swarm of enemies on me. Give us a reason to fear the environment, give us a reason to watch our step.

The important thing however, which TC mentioned but a lot of people seem to be ignoring, is to reduce the amount of quests. I'd rather do 3 really tough quests than 15 mindless kill/collection ones. Ones where the min/maxing actually comes from skill, and not just pure time investment.
#28ShiningForceXPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:46 AM
Bob, do you just spout cliches?

You make no sense. Artificial difficulty by grinding? What the hell does that have to do with planning how to work your way through a densely packed area of enemies? How does that relate to someone figuring out a way to try and solo original Mor Ladim a few levels before it is easier?

Heroic raid bosses and challenge mode--this is your artificial difficulty. Offering quests that pose even a remote chance of you dying over the course of 60 levels is not artificial.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!
#29redundanciesPosted 1/29/2013 7:05:04 AM
Sulticune posted...
They had this in vanilla, they were called Elite quests.

Oh how I miss collecting those sigils on my lvl 35 Warlock at Stromgarde. It was a fun challenge, I felt pretty skilled one time when I managed to kill 3 at the same time.

Ugh, I couldn't stand "elite" quests. Most of the time it was just a reguklar mob that hit harder and had a crapton of hit points...it wasn't so much "difficult" when all you had to do was throw more bodies at them. Stromgarde was especially annoying since you had to traverse the whole zone to pick up the next quest in the chain.

I like the way they do it now, where whenever you'd need a group, you get NPCs to help out or some particular item that weakens the mob or strengthens you.