This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate doing LFD and ending up in a mostly guild group

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I hate doing LFD and ending up in a mostly guild group
3 years ago#1
Que up as a healer on my priest

See 3 people from another server in the same guild

Tank and the melee dps die on Shadopan trash because they stand in the breath cone while eating explosions.

I tell them to interrupt the breath and to not stand in crap.

One of them tells me to shut up and that the tank is doing fine and that I shouldn't criticize her

Tank dies again

We kill a boss, caster with 476 gloves rolls need on the blue gloves and shards it manually

I see GTFO noob in chat and I get kicked.

By Odin's Beard......

---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
3 years ago#2
You've just had one bad experience. What about all the good ones? I know if I queue with a guildie tank and a few DPS, we don't even need a healer. You could AFK the whole time and it wouldn't matter.
3 years ago#3
As Kokeii stated, there's the good and bad experiences. I'll admit when I queue with a 3-4 team from the same guild I'm both wary and delighted in that they can screw me over if they want and there's little that I can do about it except leaving the party but also that these might be people that know how to work together so there's less chance of a bad run.

When I queue with my guildmates I know what our tank and DPS is capable of so my biggest concern is the RNG factor of our pug. Can they stay outta the fire, not face the boss cleave toward the group, capable of healing a fight, etc, etc. as I feel I can leave my guildmates to their own roles and not worry about them.

I can only hope that we don't botch up the run as that'll give a bad image for our guild and the idea that a 3-4 guild run instances is always a bad thing. Usually we do get through the run smoothly without any problems but we do get the occasional hiccup.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
3 years ago#4
Your mistake was saying anything at all. Just turn off party chat and pretend you're with Npcs.
3 years ago#5
You must have ended up with Savage Raiders from Quel. The leader and his buddies did decided not to dps last boss and stopped healing me (I was tank). So now when ever I que I look for their members and automatically vote to kick and move on
3 years ago#6
You can't just auto vote to kick as soon as it starts. Lies.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
3 years ago#7
Yes you can. As soon as you enter the zone you are allowed before combat starts.
3 years ago#8
In the past you could- I was vote kicked from my very first LFD ever on my DK back in 3.3, I think it was on the very first day the feature was released because apparently my gear score was too low for the group's liking (was in full Naxx25 gear -.-).
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
3 years ago#9
What about all the good ones?

They have those through /lfd
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.
3 years ago#10
We always get three of four people tom run heroics in LFD. We always welcome the outsider as a honorary member of our guild for the run.

A lot of times when we get a healer, they get mad at us, but not for the same reason you got mad, but because they end up having nothing to do.
---
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I hate doing LFD and ending up in a mostly guild group

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived