This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I get so excited for Tuesdays

#1Coop14Posted 1/28/2013 8:40:23 AM
Tempest Keep, Onxyias, and Khara runs for another chance at my mount whoring ways.

Thank god gambling isn't this addicting for me
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#2Glockass1Posted 1/28/2013 8:41:36 AM
Coop14 posted...
Tempest Keep, Onxyias, and Khara runs for another chance at my mount whoring ways.

I do Khara on like 6 chars and it still hasn't dropped. TK, I can do with DK, Warr, Lock only. Haven't tried with an Ele Shammy.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3ouFIJIPosted 1/28/2013 8:49:05 AM
Coop, would you be so kind as to perhaps list some good mounts that anyone can conduct mount runs for? I've always been intrigued by your posts, but didn't know if there's like a good system for running them or certain ones that are pointless to go after nowadays? Getting obtaining special mounts seems so much more appealing to me than just idling in trade chat bumming around with pre-pubers.
#4pres_madagascarPosted 1/28/2013 8:52:20 AM
Im a dumbass. Ive been doing kara weekly with just my dk. Nevermind that I have a 90 dk, 90 priest, 87 druid, 87 hunter, and 86 lock.

I need to start mass farming huntsman for the mount lol.

Ive been soloing icc10 first boss every week trying to get a sword for xmog on my dk.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#5AssultTankPosted 1/28/2013 8:56:32 AM
Glockass1 posted...
Coop14 posted...

I do Khara on like 6 chars and it still hasn't dropped. TK, I can do with DK, Warr, Lock only. Haven't tried with an Ele Shammy.

I haven't been able to do it on my Shaman which is Resto/Ele. I get to the weapons and then I get spell locked every time I try to cast anything. They don't do much damage though, so the advisers spawn while I'm still trying to fight the weapons and I get stuck in that CC chain since I don't have any of the weapons to break me out. Takes about 5 minutes, but I finally die.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#6Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:56:54 AM
ouFIJI posted...
Coop, would you be so kind as to perhaps list some good mounts that anyone can conduct mount runs for? I've always been intrigued by your posts, but didn't know if there's like a good system for running them or certain ones that are pointless to go after nowadays? Getting obtaining special mounts seems so much more appealing to me than just idling in trade chat bumming around with pre-pubers.

Well it depends, what are you looking for?

In terms of ground mounts, with a 85+ toon you can run ridiculously quick through...

Magisters Terrace for a drop at White Hawkstrider
Heroic Sethek Halls for Raven Lord
Utgarde Pinnacle for a chance at Blue Proto heroic as well

You can run these once a day. Just don't give up.

For Onxyia and Tempest Keep with a 90+ toon it's very simple and easy to do.

Onxyia for a Onyxia drake

Tempest Keep knocking down Kael for Ashes. The reason I recommend a 90 toon is Tempest Keep can be very unforgiving and does take a little effort to take out the mobs when they swarm at you. Other then that a cake walk.

Get a buddy or two both at 90 run 3DOS for Twilight and Black drake. Guaranteed drop.

Eye of Eternity of Azure and Blue drake, recommend watching a tutorial as that is stubborn as hell

Stonecore for chance at Vitreous Stone drake
Throne of Four Winds I think is the other soloable one get it mixed up with the other for storm drake

Those last two need to have a 90 toon even running on normal. Just makes life easier

Khara for rarest ground mount in the game weekly first boss that's a easy simple fight a 80 can clear

That's roughly my weekly routine I just don't run the two Cata ones regularly due to the amount of time it takes
---
I have realized the WoW community and Minecraft community are easily the most pleasant. The rest generally cause me to suffer brain cell loss or head trauma.
#7KokeiiPosted 1/28/2013 9:03:03 AM
AssultTank posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Coop14 posted...

I haven't been able to do it on my Shaman which is Resto/Ele. I get to the weapons and then I get spell locked every time I try to cast anything. They don't do much damage though, so the advisers spawn while I'm still trying to fight the weapons and I get stuck in that CC chain since I don't have any of the weapons to break me out. Takes about 5 minutes, but I finally die.

I do it on my poorly geared Ele shaman with ease. Good use of Elementals is key.
#8KokeiiPosted 1/28/2013 9:06:00 AM
Also, please stop saying Khara. Why add an extra, incorrect letter? It's like you're shortening the name by 4 letters, then adding an additional one for some reason. Same as saying "Ench shaman."
#9pres_madagascarPosted 1/28/2013 9:09:18 AM
I figure if I do kara with 6-7 characters, I should be gold eventually.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#10ElaeusPosted 1/28/2013 10:23:43 AM
lol I remember those times. I had Saturday morning for that.

Is it possible you still dont' have the Karazhan one though? It tends to drop pretty quickly to people.

From all that list, the only one I don't own is Ashes, and to be honest it somehow interested me less than any other one on the said list for some reason. oO
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22