This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever felt guilty over leaving a guild?

#1mestupkid185Posted 1/28/2013 8:27:21 PM
topic. and why. tell us a story. I just had a really tough experience leaving a guild. I basically left a casual guild that was merely serving as a place holder for a hardcore one. The casual guild basically got down on their knees and begged me to stay, said that all would be forgiven and I'd be "loved" if I stayed with them... I still left but it left me with a gutwrenching feeling in my gut. They were all good people, and they genuinely just wanted me to stay.

They just failed too hard though. The aspirations of an intelligent raider won the day. Anyone else have a similar experience ever and care to commiserate?
#2steveoSEKPosted 1/28/2013 8:28:44 PM
i had a guild for six months in vanilla that i left, i then joined a guild with a girl i know in real life. i've bean in this guid since.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#3Cgarza05Posted 1/28/2013 9:29:04 PM
I was in a family Guild but I left because I needed to raid and progress. My family Guild was ok with that and understood.
#4Chaos MaggotPosted 1/28/2013 10:31:37 PM
I was in a raiding guild in WotLK, I quit at the beginning of cata and they kept raiding.

My girlfriend and I started playing wow again late Dec/early Jan and found that the GL had quit the game after raiding cata along with a bunch of our other guildmates and friends, and anyone that didn't quit mostly moved on to other guilds. There were about five people (me and my gf included) still left when we came back, and just today I got invited by another guild and decided to jump ship.

I felt guilty because that was the guild I spent the second most time in, and they were good people, but real life seemed to have won out for the majority leaving the rest in shambles.

They were cool with it and understood.
---
"I can't fathom the notion of hugging my enemies." -fatality6
#5GForceDragonPosted 1/28/2013 11:26:21 PM
I'm in a guild with pals, but the GF wants to raid and they don't, so she quit to join another guild.

I think you all know what happened next.
---
"It's like some twisted variant on rule 34. If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions." - Aceron
#6Lightning BoltPosted 1/28/2013 11:29:05 PM
I'm in a guild with pals, but the GF wants to raid and they don't, so she quit to join another guild.

You prioritized bros over hoes and remained in your guild with your friends?
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7angrywalrus13Posted 1/28/2013 11:30:33 PM
Kind of, yeah. I was in a guild my friend got me into during their inception, but then my friend quit and I just stuck around out of loyalty. Eventually they got horribly annoying and I just left. After MoP launched a lot of the higher-ups (ha ha) faction changed and it's pretty dead now. Not that my leaving had anything to do with it, but I feel bad on missing out on that kind of.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#8GForceDragonPosted 1/28/2013 11:31:08 PM
Lightning Bolt posted...

For the moment, yes.

Sadly, avoiding her is only a temporary solution.
---
"It's like some twisted variant on rule 34. If it exists, someone takes it way too seriously. No exceptions." - Aceron
#9BushidoMusashiPosted 1/28/2013 11:35:51 PM
I have but not in this game. I had 2 guilds I was in in Dark Age of Camelot. The first one was very family type with helpful and genuinely nice mature people that basically helped me learn the ropes, I left them for a more PvP oriented guild(DAoC was a very PvP focused endgame) that I felt like I was an asset to. After a few years in that guild I went back to the first guild. Both times were rough because I felt like my leaving lessened the guilds.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#10inferiorweaselPosted 1/29/2013 1:56:51 AM
GForceDragon posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...

For the moment, yes.

Sadly, avoiding her is only a temporary solution.

if a GF or BF ever put wow drama before what really matters, like a relationship, then it's seriously a bad relationship.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)