This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What tree should i be using to level my warlock.

#11_Aquila_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:21:57 PM
_Aquila_ posted...
Thanks for the advice guys.

I think the biggest problem is this talent setup. The old way was much better, where you could take the best parts from each tree until you started getting towards endgame.

Yes being forced into cookie cutter builds was so fun man!

At least it felt like i had to learn the game rather than a simple "pick 1 for this, 2 for this, 3 for this".

Still, WoW gotta appeal to the scrubs/kids eh?
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/2d0cu4w.jpg
#12ShadowEdgeXPosted 1/29/2013 5:28:17 PM
_Aquila_ posted...
_Aquila_ posted...

I think the biggest problem is this talent setup. The old way was much better, where you could take the best parts from each tree until you started getting towards endgame.

At least it felt like i had to learn the game rather than a simple "pick 1 for this, 2 for this, 3 for this".

Still, WoW gotta appeal to the scrubs/kids eh?

You completely missed the point. The old talent setup was the "pick 1 for this, 2 for this, 3 for this" style. The new one allows more customization.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#13TaaronPosted 1/29/2013 5:30:35 PM
Glockass1 posted...
_Aquila_ posted...

For leveling purposes the old system was much more entertaining as you would get a spec point after every level (every other in Cata). When leveling the Monk, nearly every time I got a level I got a new level it felt pointless compared to how it felt in the old days. Even when I managed to actually get a new spec point, it was usually between one of three equally pointless specs.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#14ouFIJIPosted 1/29/2013 5:40:43 PM
Being forced into a cookie cutter build was about as fun as having your talent choices literally hold almost no bearing on how effective you are while leveling. Most choices are "meh" novelty decisions for minor travel/mobility, cc, small DPS nuances, or one skill that could be considered useful but not mandatory at all to the spec itself.