This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am making a Death Knight for one reason

#1Coop14Posted 1/30/2013 7:53:34 AM
I seriously can only tolerate Frost spec and I love it. It's my favorite simply because of Arthas so my question is, is the rotation as simple as it seems? As frost do I even need to use Plagues?

My main reason is I need another toon for soloing raid mounts. Get it up to 3 toons I can run weekly for things such as ashes and what not.

Obviously soloing I will switch over to blood. I can't touch Unholy just feels so clunky and Blarg for me.

So far it's a enjoyable spec. When I tried it back in Early Wrath I hated it but its slowly growing on me. I still prefer Retadin however over all the DK specs its just so bloody fun.

So yeah do I need to use plagues?

Cheers
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#2Right_Chus_1Posted 1/30/2013 7:58:22 AM
Obligatory..

http://www.icy-veins.com/frost-death-knight-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Icy veins might not all its info correct but as far as spells you should use i dont see how it could get it wrong. Plus it took me 1/10th the time to look it up as it did for you to write this topic...8P
#3Lightning BoltPosted 1/30/2013 8:00:50 AM
Coop14 posted...
is the rotation as simple as it seems?

Yah.

So yeah do I need to use plagues?

Yah.
Not so much if you're DW though, but then again it's easy as hell as DW so why not.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4reaper329Posted 1/30/2013 8:02:56 AM
I am not a fan of Unholy, but Frost is a favorite of mine, and Blood is the only spec I feel halfway comfortable tanking with. DK's are one of my favorite classes.

That being said, yes, diseases are important. Unless they changed it from Cata, Obliterate's damage increases on diseased targets substantially. It is a DPS loss to not have them up.

That being said, you really only need manage Blood Plague with Plague Strike, provided you pull with Outbreak. Rime will keep Frost Fever up.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#5tiger002Posted 1/30/2013 8:43:10 AM
The diseases aren't as critical to keep up as frost, but you still want to keep them on the enemy at all times, mainly because they increase your damage of obliterate by 25%.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#6TheGreatCheezePosted 1/30/2013 9:38:40 AM
This means we can do fun activities together when you get to my level!

Also you should give Blood a shot when you get to level 60 so you can tank through BC.
---
I follow people around on their slow mounts and say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!"
-Cereburus Q
#7CM101PlayPosted 1/30/2013 9:50:20 AM
The priority is pretty strict, you have to make the right decision or you could have a lot of down time. Mainly you'll just be using Frost strike and Oblit, use the KM procs on FS, use HB when it procs or when you need to reapply Frost Fever but you don't have outbreak up, also if that's the case use plague strike as well. Use Soul Reaper when it'd be useful.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7