This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look, as of MoP, what class/spec you play is entirely irrelevant. Play whats fun

#1steveoSEKPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:37 AM
so much debate about what class is op, which classes are top dps, etc.. when honestly it doesn't matter. in the past it sure did, i know. but in MoP they made it where whatever you were playing you could at least do adequately enough to get by. this way people can play what they find fun instead of trying to play the top dps'ers in order to get raid spots. now all you need is the proper ilevel and to not be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

find a class/spec you enjoy and just stick with it. the only reason you should care if your class is top dps is if you're one of those anal people who has to always be playing what's top at the moment.

also, a good player with good gear playing a subpar class will always do better dps numbers than a bad/mediocre player playing a superior class.

those dps number charts are based on simulations using perfect conditions. i've seen a rogue and an enhancement shaman top the LFR charts when statistically they shouldnt. it's because of player skill and gear.

find a class you love, get good at it, laugh as you do better than the so called high dps classes.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#2Glockass1Posted 1/30/2013 10:49:25 AM
Some people find it fun to top the charts.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#3pres_madagascarPosted 1/30/2013 10:50:35 AM
Glockass1 posted...

That was stated in the post.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#4Glockass1Posted 1/30/2013 10:51:50 AM
pres_madagascar posted...
Glockass1 posted...

That was stated in the post.

Where
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#5Lightning BoltPosted 1/30/2013 10:53:53 AM
also, a good player with good gear playing a subpar class will always do better dps numbers than a bad/mediocre player playing a superior class.

And a good player playing a good class will beat both.
Idgaf about other players and whether they're bad, I just want to kick ass and chew gum and hate the Alliance.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6ElaeusPosted 1/30/2013 11:07:40 AM
This topic reeks of vast experience and wisdom...
Of LFR. :)

In seriousness though, no. If you want to play and limit yourself to LFR then do whatever the hell you want, but you cant' expect everybody to think and limit themselves the same way. Good players actually tend to learn ALL the specs about their class just because they know if they want to progress into the harder content (that actually matters), they will need to play to their full potential.

Good player in lesser class or spec for the current patch can pull their weight, sure, but check this out: Same player can be even more useful to themselves and their guilds when they play the other spec that's better. And those kind of people usually do it willingly, even if they favor it less. They learn to love it, because in the end they reap the best possible results.

So yeah, play whatever you like, and have fun staying where you are progression wise. If it's work for you then you have my deepest congratulations and I am happy for you, but don't come and try to preach the players that are actually good.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#7ChaoticKanePosted 1/30/2013 11:16:58 AM
Elaeus posted...
In seriousness though, no. If you want to play and limit yourself to LFR then do whatever the hell you want, but you cant' expect everybody to think and limit themselves the same way. Good players actually tend to learn ALL the specs about their class just because they know if they want to progress into the harder content (that actually matters), they will need to play to their full potential.

Anytime someone claims that something "actually matters" in a game, I cringe. Unless you're in a top guild with sponsor deals then it matters for no one but you. If someone only has the time or initiative to do LFR, then that's what matters to them. What "actually matters" is subjective.

It's a game, treat it as a game.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#8pres_madagascarPosted 1/30/2013 11:22:21 AM
ChaoticKane posted...
Elaeus posted...

Anytime someone claims that something "actually matters" in a game, I cringe. Unless you're in a top guild with sponsor deals then it matters for no one but you. If someone only has the time or initiative to do LFR, then that's what matters to them. What "actually matters" is subjective.

Correct. Not since wrath have I met any guild that cares what yi u are bryond ranged/melee.as long as you play well.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#9ElaeusPosted 1/30/2013 11:26:22 AM
ChaoticKane posted...
Elaeus posted...

For sure, nobody is demeaning LFR players- at least I don't. In fact, next patch I plan to raid nothing but LFR myself so that isn't the point.

What makes me cringe though, people that try to generalize for everyone based on low experience and knowledge. I lost count of the times our mage(s) or DK(s) or me (on my rogue) respecced mid tier or even between fights for that extra 2k or 3k dps for example. When you wipe on heroic Will during progress while he had 9.6k hits points left, you will be more understanding I guess (in no way I am hinting I am better than you by the way :) ).
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10redundanciesPosted 1/30/2013 1:15:54 PM
Your guild is a top-end guild though. The vast majority of guilds aren't, and even progression oriented guilds that I've been in are far more interested in having people who are good players than whether or not their class is FotM or not.