This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Becoming Raid Ready at this point

#1Bubbleator123Posted 1/30/2013 4:50:47 PM
So I am coming back after a long hiatus (found a 90 gamecard in my car I forgot about)

So I have a 90 Hunter and an 85 H:Pally, I am not sure which I want to play. Either way I know I want to raid. Would it be best for me to grind out ALL of the rep for the black prince ASAP till I get to friendly?

What other things should I prioritize
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/cowmilk/advanced
#2Lightning BoltPosted 1/30/2013 4:58:58 PM(edited)
Would it be best for me to grind out ALL of the rep for the black prince ASAP till I get to friendly?

Take your time on that, you're gated by way more than rep. You need to collect a bunch of sigils off of raid bosses (LFR counts) and you can't progress until you get that done anyways. I can't imagine it taking less than a month, so getting rep faster won't do much. Get it up by the time you get all your sigils though.

The same basic thing happens in the next bit as well, it takes 6 weeks to do and you need to get to the next level of rep in that time.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3Bubbleator123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:00:57 PM
Shoot I forgot all about the sigils. Is not having the legendary at the beginning that big of a deal? From everything I read all I will be missing is the meta by mid 5.2 (since the sha-touched weapons will be phased out)
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/cowmilk/advanced
#4ElaeusPosted 1/30/2013 5:02:21 PM
To be raid ready you don't need any of the reputations. What kind of raiding we are talking about here? LFR? Norm? HC? I would assume either LFR or Norm since from the sound of it you want to commit three months only?

Anyway, you need to simply raise your item level to 460 by running heroic 5 mans, then queue for the first LFR raid and work your way up slowly from there. Doing the reputation dailies surely is a nice bonus and award valor gear (your only source at that), but not required.

Black Prince reputation comes along slowly as you do dailies for Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, then later Dominance Offensive/Shieldwall. They go together hand in hand nicely.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22