This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5.2 LFR stacking buff for wiping - Horrible idea or great idea?

#21angrywalrus13Posted 1/31/2013 11:37:34 AM
silentzed posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...
silentzed posted...
Read topic title as debuff.

Was sad when I read opening post =(

I figured you would get a stacking debuff that if you died 3 times in the span of something like half an hour it would kick you with a deserter debuff.

That'd be pretty terrible for people actually playing the game and not posting on message boards about how they want things harder.

Oh, I'm not arguing at all that it's a bad idea or that it would ever be implemented in the first place, just my disappointment because I thought the topic was going to be something along the lines of how to deal with AFKers/people that die just so they can AFK, effectively wasting just a little bit of everyone else's time.

That'd be great as well, honestly. We need SOMEthing to deal with that besides the very-clunky vote-kick system that tends to protect abusers more than anything. I've been in way too many groups where healers/DPSers just do absolutely nothing but run around to look like they're doing anything (and then when they're called out, they pull things as fast as possible to prevent us from vote-kicking. Blargh!).
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#22smackfanPosted 1/31/2013 1:28:55 PM
It's LFR who really cares?
---
"When there is no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth"
#23ChocoboMog123Posted 1/31/2013 1:48:54 PM
I haven't wiped a single time in LFR outside of the first week of each tier. Honestly, I'd think a 10% buff might be more appropriate, considering how awful you need to be to even wipe once. Would you coordinate a wipe for a 20% buff on a single boss? 30%?
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#24BobTDonutPosted 1/31/2013 2:27:31 PM
Its a horrible idea and its more of Blizzard's grand plan to baby everyone through content for purples so they don't cancel their subs.

Those same people who are not cakewalking through LFR will go to normals, where they will wipe continuously and demand nerfs so they can get through it, then they will hit heroic modes and wipe continuously again and demand more nerfs. Soon you are looking at 30% debuffs on bosses and people being 8/8 H one tier and having 6/16 N the next at best. Oh look, things that have already happen.

Now luckily, this has not happened with tier 14. While there have been a few spot nerfs to balance the content a bit, no fights have been nerfed severely outside of Elegon, and that nerf came about 3 months into the content, which I think is a fair amount of time. However, the easier LFR gets the more bored the people in it will get, and they will seek out normals. They will go to these normals without actually learning anything from LFR (why learn mechanics when you know you will eventually clear it with enough wipes?) and proceed to not kill any bosses. The above will then begin to happen once again, just like it always has.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#25angrywalrus13Posted 1/31/2013 3:07:07 PM
What about before LFR was a thing?
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#26Far421Posted 1/31/2013 3:27:22 PM
This could be bad. If they make the bosses harder such that even "decent" LFR groups need a couple stacks to kill them, LFR could take a lot longer.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4341 2165 1292
#27MorgasaurusPosted 1/31/2013 5:29:09 PM
BobTDonut posted...
Its a horrible idea and its more of Blizzard's grand plan to baby everyone through content for purples so they don't cancel their subs.

Those same people who are not cakewalking through LFR will go to normals, where they will wipe continuously and demand nerfs so they can get through it, then they will hit heroic modes and wipe continuously again and demand more nerfs. Soon you are looking at 30% debuffs on bosses and people being 8/8 H one tier and having 6/16 N the next at best. Oh look, things that have already happen.

Now luckily, this has not happened with tier 14. While there have been a few spot nerfs to balance the content a bit, no fights have been nerfed severely outside of Elegon, and that nerf came about 3 months into the content, which I think is a fair amount of time. However, the easier LFR gets the more bored the people in it will get, and they will seek out normals. They will go to these normals without actually learning anything from LFR (why learn mechanics when you know you will eventually clear it with enough wipes?) and proceed to not kill any bosses. The above will then begin to happen once again, just like it always has.

I don't really think this is the case. There are a really large number of players that just want to see everything. LFR lets them see it and by the time they get really bored with LFR hopefully Blizzard will be ready to roll out the new set of raids. Hence they get some new content so they won't get bored or whatever. The existence of raid finder difficulty also in some sense justifies any level of challenge from normal or heroic difficulty.

Also, what did people do in previous expansions that wanted to see the content? They pugged or joined raiding guilds. How much information about a fight did they have on their first attempt? Zero. How much did the raid leader have to explain? All of it.

Now if people join a normal raiding guild the raid leader can be like "okay this is mostly like LFR except that blah blah blah." If a player comes in with zero information, and they have to avoid something, they have no idea what it looks like or what to watch out for or anything. If they did LFR they're all like "oh yeah I remember those blue dotted lines. Get out of those. Gotcha."
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#28Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 1/31/2013 5:40:19 PM
LFR is not meant for raiding, it's meant ot show the lore that the raids contain. It's piss easy for a reason, and nothing wrong with it being able to be easier.

If you want to learn the actual raids, you can either look up vids, or read the journals. I should note, the journals give a very good idea of how the fights work.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#29Little ZardarPosted 1/31/2013 6:00:23 PM
what a dumb idea. they might as well just make LFR a storymode where you watch NPCs fight the raid bosses for 2 minutes then give you loot
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.