This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With the game expected to lose a substantial number of subscribers.

#1ScaredKittyPosted 1/31/2013 9:16:45 AM
Over the next year or so. How long will it take Blizzard to admit that there are too many NA realms? How long until players on those almost completely dead low pop realm get the choice for a free transfer to say a medium pop realm. Eventually resulting in the closure of those realms altogether. Similar to how they allow free transfers off of overcrowded realms. Do you view that as Blizzard admitting defeat or do you think it would be good for the game? I mean surely Blizzard can't keep dead realms up forever. Seems like a waste to me. A lot of "medium" realms are dead enough. I pity the people who wasted their time playing on now dead "low" population realms.

inb4 it's only a temporary fix. What is the long term solution?
---
You got a PSG-1? You could use that against Albert Wesker. Hurry up, and save Jill!
#2BIMHBPosted 1/31/2013 9:25:36 AM
Garbage blizzard Needs to swallow their pride and consolidate the low pop realms.CRZ is not the solution they hoped it would be
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#3angrywalrus13Posted 1/31/2013 10:11:10 AM
BIMHB posted...
Garbage blizzard Needs to swallow their pride and consolidate the low pop realms.CRZ is not the solution they hoped it would be

I don't think (and they don't think, incidentally) that CRZ was ever meant to alleviate the problem of dead realms. It was meant to make individual zones feel more populated on all servers.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#4HeftybagsPosted 1/31/2013 10:20:26 AM(edited)

You should link sources to make that statement.

If CRZ goes well it's my opinion they can implement it permanently for low pop servers however they have issues to work out such as if someone has the same name on merging realms. But this can be accomplished by making a new realm that several low pop servers join and keep their original realm after their name like now.
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.
#5_Anticlimactic_Posted 1/31/2013 10:23:32 AM
activision isn't to smart, so ill saw a long time.
#6OniLink5000Posted 1/31/2013 10:28:55 AM
Realms need to merge.

But Blizz is all concerned about names.

lol
---
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.
#7Little ZardarPosted 1/31/2013 10:33:52 AM
OniLink5000 posted...
Realms need to merge.

But Blizz is all concerned about names.

lol

if they merged my server and i lost all my character's names i would be pissed
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#8ScaredKitty(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:48:06 AM

If CRZ goes well it's my opinion they can implement it permanently for low pop servers however they have issues to work out such as if someone has the same name on merging realms. But this can be accomplished by making a new realm that several low pop servers join and keep their original realm after their name like now.

You don't need need a dozen articles to prove something that is common sense. WoW went from 12 million to 9 million subscribers in a short time. Not even the expansion could propel it back to its former numbers. It's not unrealistic to say that a few million more people are gone once the novelty of Pandaria wears off.
---
You got a PSG-1? You could use that against Albert Wesker. Hurry up, and save Jill!
#9Genocet_10-325Posted 1/31/2013 10:56:07 AM
ScaredKitty posted...

You don't need need a dozen articles to prove something that is common sense. WoW went from 12 million to 9 million subscribers in a short time. Not even the expansion could propel it back to its former numbers. It's not unrealistic to say that a few million more people are gone once the novelty of Pandaria wears off.

Keep pulling baseless predictions out of your ass, all you're doing is making yourself look dumber and dumber.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Tayphetamine
#10HeftybagsPosted 1/31/2013 11:06:55 AM
I don't need a dozen articles just one from a reputable organization that has facts and statistics that WoW is expected to (not already has) lose a substantial amount of subscribers. Your idea of substantial seems to be in the 3 million number. Thanks ahead a time for the link.
---
I watch Cops with no pants on.