This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is clicking frowned upon?

#1HighOnPhazonPosted 1/31/2013 2:43:52 PM
Topic
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#2ShotgunBulletPosted 1/31/2013 2:44:40 PM
because only the weak click
---
WELCOME TO THE PRIDE!
#3Glockass1Posted 1/31/2013 2:44:49 PM
lol
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#4thelastmohiganPosted 1/31/2013 2:52:15 PM
Because it is inferior to keybinds in every way?
#5aLINKinthechainPosted 1/31/2013 3:22:36 PM
If you're a DK clicking or keybinding wont effect your dps much, but for other classes (casters specifically) its easier to make macros and keybind them. Why? Because you can move (yourself and the camera) more responsively if you arent using your mouse to activate skills/spell. Thats what it boils down to.

A good example is attenuation on the first boss of HoF: its easier to move and continue attacking when you only use your mouse to turn the camera.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#6Disturbed_9090Posted 1/31/2013 3:29:16 PM
aLINKinthechain posted...
If you're a DK clicking or keybinding wont effect your dps much, but for other classes (casters specifically) its easier to make macros and keybind them. Why? Because you can move (yourself and the camera) more responsively if you arent using your mouse to activate skills/spell. Thats what it boils down to.

A good example is attenuation on the first boss of HoF: its easier to move and continue attacking when you only use your mouse to turn the camera.

Hardly, i never used my mouse to move during attenuation, just strafed left and right in one spot, continued casting and never got hit.

it doesnt make as big of a difference as u seem to think it does.
hell im in a raiding guild that has cleared all normal raids and is halfway through heroic msv and im there top dps, and holy crap!! im a clicker. (i have maybe 2 attacks that i have keybound thats about it.)
#7Glockass1Posted 1/31/2013 3:30:14 PM
Disturbed_9090 posted...

Hardly, i never used my mouse to move during attenuation, just strafed left and right in one spot, continued casting and never got hit.

hell im in a raiding guild that has cleared all normal raids and is halfway through heroic msv and im there top dps, and holy crap!! im a clicker. (i have maybe 2 attacks that i have keybound thats about it.)

Top dps =/= good dps
---
#8Disturbed_9090Posted 1/31/2013 3:33:58 PM(edited)
Glockass1 posted...
Disturbed_9090 posted...

Top dps =/= good dps

thats all you got eh?

the topic is about clicking apparently gimping your potential, i dont believe it does.
#9Glockass1Posted 1/31/2013 3:33:36 PM
Disturbed_9090 posted...
Glockass1 posted...
Disturbed_9090 posted...

Top dps =/= good dps

thats all you got eh?

Clicking = slower reflexes, less game sense, strains the eyes etc etc etc
---
#10MarndosPosted 1/31/2013 3:34:29 PM
Keybinding just negates any meager amount of time you'd spend moving your mouse around in between clicking skills. It's technically a faster way for a human to play this game, but this game is easy enough that most of the time you'll be fine with clicking provided you know what you're doing. The benefits of keybinding and just using your mouse to control the camera aren't fully appreciated unless it's a movement-heavy fight.

A lot of PC gamers like myself just got used to keybinding a long time ago because it feels more natural and responsive (and yes, it is faster). Other, more difficult MMOs taught us real f***in' quick to start keybinding. Some of these people "frown" upon clickers because they view them as inferior or some crap like that.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.