This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is clicking frowned upon?

#21CornwallacePosted 1/31/2013 9:30:24 PM
Didn't read the topic

Clicking is okay in a PvE environment.
Clicking will get you killed in a PvP environment.
---
http://creativegametheory.com/ Upcoming free Tower Defense game, check it out if you want. I'm not the boss of you. Platinum FC - 4599 8066 5562
#22tote_allPosted 1/31/2013 9:33:46 PM
again.. hardly

i have none of those issues your claim comes with clicking.
i've never died in an encounter from mechanics outside of the whole raid wiping. nor have i been the cause of said wipe..
i've never had a problem dodging anything or reacting to certain abilities.

what else ya got?

Why are you acting "tough"? You are willingly using an inferior method. You might be good despite that, but it is a fact that you're gimping yourself. Also, as someone said, being the top of a bad group doesn't automatically make you good. Next time give a number and have evidence to back it up. Last, but not least, personal experience is not how you define is something is good or bad. Clicking is factually worse than keybinding, whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not.
#23HighOnPhazon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:00:45 PM
Question for Keybinders...do you use the numbers or other hot keys? Part of the reason I'm still a clicker is I find it uncomfortable and slower to have to move my hands across my keyboard for 1 - = bindings
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#24Fire_AwayPosted 1/31/2013 11:10:57 PM
I keybind 1-5, then I use AQWTGZ for other keybinds. I most with EDSF. Additional, more situational cooldowns are on stuff like ctrl1.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#25ChocoboMog123Posted 1/31/2013 11:39:19 PM
Cornwallace posted...
Didn't read the topic

Clicking is okay in a PvE environment.
Clicking will get you killed in a PvP environment.

Do me a favor, click Curse of Elements, then click Dark Soul, then click Soul Burn, then Soul Swap - then tell me how much down time you have.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#26c0sa n0straPosted 2/1/2013 12:19:32 AM
I just got myself a Naga, 12 keys + ctrl, alt and shift modifiers means I have 48 keys under my thumb, more then enough for any class (in PvE)
#27scarecrowsPosted 2/1/2013 3:00:37 AM
Clicking is fine for pve. I bet I could beat all the keybinders in here in dps. There is rarely a time where you need to move fast. Strafing is more than enough to avoid mechanics.
---
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's
#28flairePosted 2/1/2013 3:35:03 AM
clicking is generally slower, thats the only reason

sometimes the difference is very small, i.e. some clickers aren't losing much time by clicking instead of keybinding

tbh is all comes down to your personal gameplay comfort. Some peeps can't keybind everything without bustin out some major repetitive stress pain.
---
So many games......So little time.......
#29ti83magicPosted 2/1/2013 5:34:54 AM
I have my movement keys bound by default, but only use the strafe and forward ones, and have some skills under 1-4 with two of them having an alt modifier macro. I'm only level 22 though, and a pally on top of that, so it's probably harder in the end, but hey.

I did use to raid and click, but that was in TBC on a lock. Not sure if those experiences apply anymore.
---
I hope it's rehab for your atrocious spelling. ~ Perfect Light
*you're. fail less. ~ HesOurYou
#30halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/1/2013 5:52:41 AM
scarecrows posted...
Clicking is fine for pve. I bet I could beat all the keybinders in here in dps. There is rarely a time where you need to move fast. Strafing is more than enough to avoid mechanics.

If we put you and skilled keybinder on premades and made you DPS a training dummy, the keybinder would win. The only reason you'd beat someone by clicking is because you have better gear or they're awful.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest