This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Impending Victory or Second Wind, this is something i've always wondered.

#11WaffIeElitePosted 2/2/2013 9:58:50 AM
steveoSEK posted...
You can't make a mistake of not hitting SW if you need it. And while you're in it's threshold, you gain way more HP. It's really a no-brainer, SW is just so good right now.

If only Conversion didn't suck so horribly. It's like they took Second Wind and decided to screw up everything that made it good.

you praise it, and then complain about it right after, this confuses me lol.

I'm complaining about Conversion. Second Wind's stupid little brother.
#12mrhighlife83Posted 2/2/2013 10:51:39 AM
I've always been under the impression that Impending Victory is pretty useless for solo questing since, as long as you're killing something every 30 seconds or less, Victory Rush is the exact same ability. Impending Victory only differs from Victory Rush when the 30 second CD runs out and you get to use it without the recent kill criteria. If I'm correct, then it should be a no-brainer to take Second Wind over Impending Victory for solo stuff.
#13WaffIeElitePosted 2/2/2013 11:24:36 AM
mrhighlife83 posted...
I've always been under the impression that Impending Victory is pretty useless for solo questing since, as long as you're killing something every 30 seconds or less, Victory Rush is the exact same ability. Impending Victory only differs from Victory Rush when the 30 second CD runs out and you get to use it without the recent kill criteria. If I'm correct, then it should be a no-brainer to take Second Wind over Impending Victory for solo stuff.

One of the other reasons Second Wind is so much better than IV or even ER is because when you're brought to the point that SW is active, you're not gonna die, unless you have like 20 enemies on you. The sheer volume of healing you get from Second Wind in solo, PVP and raid situations is much more than the other two options.

In raids, both of the other two are too small of heals (10% upfront, with ER's slow 10% after), kind of like Rune Tap these days. The fact that ER costs a bucket of rage doesn't help it's case either. Given, you could macro it to Berserker Rage, but still.

I don't think SW needs to be nerfed, the other two options need to be brought up to par. Give Impending Victory and Enraged Regeneration either a shorter cooldown, or something like "Every X Shield Slams/Revenges, the cooldown is reset".

When I was talking about Conversion with Death Knights, they have the healing tier with the same problem - Death Pact is the only viable option. Frost uses it's Ghoul on cooldown for the most part, but it's still Frost's best option, and Blood/Unholy are no brainers for it. The other two options heal for f*** all, and tank your DPS while doing it. Death Knights need to lose Conversion or Death Siphon and get the old Blood Presence lifesteal back as a passive healing talent in one of those places.