This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't Pandaria as frigid and arctic as Northrend?

#21Nightbird_XPosted 2/2/2013 10:09:33 AM
The correct answer is "This is Azeroth, not Earth. It's a fantasy game and this doesn't have to make sense. It's easily explained by stating Azeroth does not have a climate system as Earth does".
---
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012
#22AsthalothPosted 2/2/2013 10:24:33 AM
Something akin to the Gulf stream, perhaps.
#23the old solid snakePosted 2/2/2013 10:30:23 AM
Azeroth also has two suns. Devs had said that its just too much work putting both in.

As far as Kun Lai. There are mountains in Africa that have snow on them. The entire zone isn't snowy, but the mountainous areas of the zone are covered in snow, its called elevation.
---
.(\._./)
.(.^.^.) Teh bunny
#24ElaeusPosted 2/2/2013 10:39:23 AM
Yep, in the Middle East too there are some mountain ranges that are covered in snow while the geographical area they are in has a moderate climate. It's because 3.5k+ meters altitude is apparently really snow stuff.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#25tote_allPosted 2/2/2013 11:00:24 AM
just shut up nobody cares.

This is what happens when you make an intelligent post in an unintelligent troll's topic.
#26TheAncientMonkPosted 2/2/2013 11:33:47 AM
Wintergrasp climate being right next to Feralas climate.

It took you till Pandaria to wonder about a video game's fictitious world climate that is obviously more concerned with themed zones rather than global climate accuracy? *shakes head*
#27B1g_ClownPosted 2/2/2013 11:41:01 AM
tote_all posted...
tote_all posted...
I'm not sure when did we learn Azeroth orbits around a star the same way the Earth does.

WoW and earth share a 24 hour day. So that alone makes it entirely possible.

I don't think you could have made a less intelligent, more inane post. Let's break it down!

First of all, I never said it was not possible. Hell, I never said I don't believe it, I merely asked for confirmation from official sources. Not only that, but even with confirmation of Azeroth orbiting a star, there could still be plenty of explanations of Pandaria not being the frigid mess Northrend is.

Then, you make a ridiculous comment about a 24 hour day means Azeroth could be orbiting a star? You are correct, Azeroth could, however, the length of even presence of a day/night pattern is not evidence in its favor whatsoever. Every other planet on our solar system has a different rotation period, and they orbit around a star too. How does your argument make sense considering that? Not to mention that day/night relies on a planet's rotation upon itself and being near a star, not it's orbit around one. Despite all planets sharing these two traits, to assume they do as well on a fantasy world that hasn't even been properly charted in its own fantasy setting, let alone placed properly in space, is a terrible argument.

Oh... figured you were being sarcastic in your first post I quoted.

Thanks for the long and unnecessary post tho lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#28tote_allPosted 2/2/2013 11:55:56 AM
Oh... figured you were being sarcastic in your first post I quoted.

Thanks for the long and unnecessary post tho lol.

Even if this is true, your post is still nonsense. Careful with that backpedaling, you might trip and hurt your head.
#29KenorvPosted 2/2/2013 12:03:03 PM
TheAncientMonk posted...
Winterspring climate being right next to Felwood climate.

It took you till Pandaria to wonder about a video game's fictitious world climate that is obviously more concerned with themed zones rather than global climate accuracy? *shakes head*

Fixed it for ya.
#30NitroRatPosted 2/2/2013 12:05:19 PM
It sure is unnecessary rage in this topic.
---
I don't think I have ever seen religion compared to public urination before.- TheBlueAvenger