This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About LFR Sha of Fear

#1mrhighlife83Posted 2/2/2013 4:08:58 PM
The people that get selected for the outside platforms, is that based on the role they queued in for or the spec they are currently in? I was just curious if I could switch to ret from holy on my pally without the fight picking me as a healer for one of the platforms. Anyone who has healed the fight know that there's nothing to heal and I would like to get a shot at the 2h axe without requeueing through the whole raid, but don't particularly want to blow a coin on it. I would try it myself, but I don't really want to risk a wipe by being a douchebag.
#2piplupzeroPosted 2/2/2013 4:12:00 PM
Nope, You get chosen based on with you queued with, Suck it up and queue DPS...scumbag
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#3MorgasaurusPosted 2/2/2013 4:19:00 PM(edited)
If you get selected for a platform I don't see why you couldn't use Selfless Healer, WoG, and LoH if needed to keep everyone up. In fact you could even do that throughout the course of the fight to register on the healing meter, then if there is a wipe, respec really fast before someone notices.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#4BonzoForLyfePosted 2/3/2013 1:18:22 AM
Chooses based on spec you are when you engage combat... Sha is a 2 healer fight, so I auto attack in ret.. still no lfr axe
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#5NaxochilsPosted 2/3/2013 1:47:27 AM
BonzoForLyfe posted...
Chooses based on spec you are when you engage combat... Sha is a 2 healer fight, so I auto attack in ret.. still no lfr axe

You guys do know that the loot is by your lfr role right? Atleast that's how it used to work. They might have figured out how to make it by spec but last i saw they couldn't.
---
"But if i bootypooty when i don't have to bootypooty it might result in a bootydoody. And you don't want that on your mouth." - Meatwad
#6Lightning BoltPosted 2/3/2013 1:57:29 AM
Role-specific mechanics are chosen based on what spec you ARE, not what you're queued as.
They've already programmed the fights to check your role for normal and heroic, they didn't bother changing the code for LFR.

Back when I went as Blood queued as DPS (i.e. back when I did LFR) I would occasionally have tank-specific stuff happen to me. Emperor's Courages focusing on me, never getting chained by the Puppies, picking up Feng crystals, etc etc.

You won't be selected as the healer for a platform if you're Ret.

You guys do know that the loot is by your lfr role right?

nope.avi
That was in DS.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7Everybody_CriesPosted 2/3/2013 1:58:35 AM
Your loot is determined by your spec, not your role.

That being said, that part is really easy. As a tank I don't think I've ever seen someone die on that part.
#8AmakusaPosted 2/3/2013 2:00:20 PM
I've seen a Fury Warrior tank the Sha; he NEVER got picked up for Cackle the entire fight.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#9BonzoForLyfePosted 2/3/2013 10:58:09 PM
Probably has to do with fixation... If he is standing on light, the boss fixates him, and I assume that it crackles 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps based on spec... What is curious, is in normal, the tank that gets crackled is always the one on the light....
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#10Lightning BoltPosted 2/4/2013 1:21:22 AM
BonzoForLyfe posted...
What is curious, is in normal, the tank that gets crackled is always the one on the light....

It always seemed to me like the tank that had aggro would get it. Even if both tanks are in the light, it'll choose the one that the Sha is smacking.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev