This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is going to sound stupid but...

#1Right_Chus_1Posted 2/3/2013 1:15:51 AM(edited)
Im having trouble soloing as a blood DK...I know i know...How? I have no clue..

I mean, it doesnt really feel like deathstrike heals for a whole lot. I understand you do it after taking decent damage due to the 5 second rule but, it still only heals for a very minimum amount. Do i always have to wait for scent of blood to hit 5 stacks when i can? Usually DS when i have 3 or 4 stacks.

Im pretty sure i use cooldowns properly. Icebound fortitude for the biggest damage, Anti magic shell for big magic damage obviously. Vampiric blood when im about to heal with runetap or DS. Death pact if im really going down.

I dont know, i seem to be squishy as hell..lol Im trying to solo stuff that people were doing at 85 and cant seem to do it at 90 with half heroic 5 man gear. I know im not geared well but im twice as geared as the people in the videos.

What am i missing? anyone have any good DK solo guides?
#2tote_allPosted 2/3/2013 1:13:04 AM

1) Spec Blood
2) Engage mobs
3) Smash head on keyboard
4) There's no 4
5) Just keep doing 3
#3Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:18:39 AM(edited)
tote_all posted...

1) Spec Blood
2) Engage mobs
3) Smash head on keyboard
4) There's no 4
5) Just keep doing 3

This was my theory as well, although it seems like my self healing is bad. For some odd reason.

Trying to solo Zul'aman just for the hell of it if that makes any difference. The bear boss is wrecking me though. I save big heals for when he does his big attacks but i just dont have the cd's for everytime he does it. I would think its because my gear is garbage but like i said, i watched videos of people doing it with WAY less gear than me, at 85 even.
#4Rayn247Posted 2/3/2013 1:45:35 AM
Make sure you're in Blood PRESENCE as well as blood spec. Alot of people seem to be forgetting that, don't know if it's the case here. Sometimes i forget to select the correct pressence when I swap specs.
---
What doesn't kill me, had better start running.
#5Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:55:41 AM
Rayn247 posted...
Make sure you're in Blood PRESENCE as well as blood spec. Alot of people seem to be forgetting that, don't know if it's the case here. Sometimes i forget to select the correct pressence when I swap specs.

lol yea i am. I think the biggest thing im missing is that people solo in dps gear i believe which i dont have yet. Its either that or the fact that i just hit 90 and im reforged and such to hit caps so my mastery is on the low side. Not sure, but i feel as squishy as a mage.
#6pikpikcarrotmonPosted 2/3/2013 2:17:29 AM
Get better gear, pump mastery, Death Strike often. DPS gear is used is because dodge and parry are pointless against old content.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#7XtraTPosted 2/3/2013 4:00:22 AM
DKs can't solo the bear boss in ZA.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#8piplupzeroPosted 2/3/2013 6:11:32 AM
No one can solo the za bear boss, the surge debuff means the charge will onesot everyone. A bursty dps may be able to brute force it by mists last tier but you wont be able to out mechanic it...although, will he charge pets that are further away from him than you?
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#9Lightning BoltPosted 2/3/2013 6:35:10 AM
DKs can't solo the bear boss in ZA.

No one can solo the za bear boss,

Lmao bads. I thought this was BS so I just now went and solo'd it. Oneshot the guy, piece of cake, didn't even have to Purg+Death Pact.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#10Right_Chus_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:08:34 AM(edited)
The reason why i tried it was because i saw people soloing the bear run at 85 on youtube so i figured i'd see how hard it was. So its pretty doable. Pretty sure they are stacking full dps gear though which i have none of.

Another thing i think i might be doing wrong is that i noticed bone shield doesnt have a GCD so i macro'd it to some of my most used things but im starting to think that i should probably use it as a defensive cd instead of just auto applying it.