This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bad idea to make my first character a DK?

#11MakeHatePosted 2/3/2013 11:45:47 AM
so it's still not your first char

Depending on the length of time its been, it might as well be.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#12MakeHatePosted 2/3/2013 11:46:36 AM
MakeHate posted...
he's saying they are "meh" in pvp, so either stick with pve or enjoy getting punished.

How are they otherwise? I never was a big pvper

They are decent. Easy to do decent damage and survive while you are getting back into the swing of things. Really, until you get to the point that you are trying to max dps in raids, you can smash whichever button lights up and do decent.
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#13WaffIeElitePosted 2/3/2013 12:13:28 PM
They are decent. Easy to do decent damage and survive while you are getting back into the swing of things. Really, until you get to the point that you are trying to max dps in raids, you can smash whichever button lights up and do decent.

So, exactly like every other class then?
#14MakeHatePosted 2/3/2013 1:38:47 PM

So, exactly like every other class then?

Quit stepping on Lightning Bolt's joke
---
#15DawnshadowPosted 2/3/2013 2:31:36 PM
Blood-- Self-healing tank that uses two-handed DPS weapons. Very, VERY good at soloing old content. However, the style is very active; if you're good, you're nigh immortal. If you're bad, you'll stand up about as well as wet tissue paper. This is one of my favorite tanks in the game.

Frost-- Bursty melee DPS that can use a two-handed weapon or dual wield. (Two hand is more physical, dual wield is more elemental.) Take a two-handed weapon for leveling; proper DW weapons are hard to come by before level 80, and you can dual spec into blood and just use DPS gear for tough questing pulls.

Unholy-- Damage over time-based melee DPS with a ghoul pet. Uses a two-hand weapon. Noted for its very long ramp-up time, which means it's bad for leveling-- you won't see fights long enough to build up to your full DPS for a long time.

My suggestion for questing would be to go frost and blood. Frost is for questing and DPS in dungeons; blood is for stuff you can't solo in frost and tanking dungeons. In PvP you can use either in most battlegrounds; each one has its uses. (Namely, frost is good at damaging and slowing, blood is good at not dying ever, but doesn't have that much damage output.)

Before level 70 you don't really need a tank set to tank, but at level 70 get the Cobalt crafted tank set if you want to tank dungeons if possible. For soloing, just wear DPS gear all the time.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/