This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why didn't MoP add anything for low level characters?

#1Louisville15Posted 2/3/2013 3:10:27 PM
Besides a new class, why didn't it add new professions or anything other than end game content (or did it?). Wondering why a new/low level player such as myself should pick it up.
---
i7 930 | MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | 240GB Mushkin Chronos | AW2310
#2halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/3/2013 3:15:18 PM
Professions arent low-level content

and besides changing the low level zones(which they just did in Cataclysm), what could they add aside from new race/class?
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#3DawnshadowPosted 2/3/2013 3:19:21 PM
Cataclysm had a massive revamp to the low level game, at the cost of endgame content. This was sort of needed-- the vanilla content was showing its age-- but revamping all the old content every expansion would be impractical. The new "profession" was minipet battles. ;)

Unless you /really/ want to play a monk, I'd put it off until you were actually level 80 or so. There's no reason to buy it sooner than that; you don't get anything from having it before then.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#4Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 2/3/2013 3:39:50 PM
Fun fact, they did change professions for low level content recently.

Now, nodes simply require a gathering skill that's more based around the thresholds. There are many mineral and herbs, for example, that now just need you to be 1 in mining/herbing instead of say, 15 or 25 or some other obscure thing.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#5rawkussPosted 2/3/2013 3:40:56 PM
Pokemon
#6angrywalrus13Posted 2/3/2013 3:59:20 PM
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/

!!!!
How did I not notice this.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7WaffIeElitePosted 2/3/2013 5:33:43 PM
Pet battles, and extraordinarily fast leveling. What? You expect people to sit at low levels for long? In a game like WoW, where the leveling process is so quick and easy, the low level content is effectively ignored. Most low level zones are ghost towns, barely anybody queues up for battlegrounds except for twinks, and people barely notice the existing content in the rush to level cap.
#8HakPosted 2/4/2013 2:23:00 AM
WaffIeElite posted...
Pet battles, and extraordinarily fast leveling. What? You expect people to sit at low levels for long? In a game like WoW, where the leveling process is so quick and easy, the low level content is effectively ignored. Most low level zones are ghost towns, barely anybody queues up for battlegrounds except for twinks, and people barely notice the existing content in the rush to level cap.

Started a new Monk last week to see how they play as Brewmaster. Total number of quests done in the "world"... only enough to get to level 15. Other than that, the character reached level 36 so far just doing dungeons. Having to stay in low level areas to work on my gathering professions, even though I hugely outgear/outlevel them. No need to go questing, no need to go to cities (I sell what I gather on the mobile AH so I never need to travel), so what difference would a world revamp make now?
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#9UvalierPosted 2/5/2013 6:04:21 AM
The low-level content was entirely revamped two years (and two months) ago in Cata, and right now you can blaze through it so quickly that adding anything else would be pointless. My guess is that at some point Blizzard will make flying mounts available at level 30 (and 10 and 20 for the ground mounts, and 60 for faster flying) to make the lower levels even faster, but that's all I see low level characters getting.
#10dtrez105Posted 2/5/2013 6:08:49 AM
Uvalier posted...
The low-level content was entirely revamped two years (and two months) ago in Cata, and right now you can blaze through it so quickly that adding anything else would be pointless. My guess is that at some point Blizzard will make flying mounts available at level 30 (and 10 and 20 for the ground mounts, and 60 for faster flying) to make the lower levels even faster, but that's all I see low level characters getting.

I would love to see the uproar this would create.