This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this make me an "elitist nerd rager"?

#11kingdrake2Posted 2/3/2013 6:23:12 PM(edited)
nerd rager no, elitist yes and they are frowned upon around here, they come off as a********
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#12ouFIJIPosted 2/3/2013 6:37:48 PM
Saying trash DPS doesn't matter is equally as dumb as saying boss DPS doesn't matter.
#13HakPosted 2/4/2013 2:08:35 AM
It's a level 90 5-man. The term "Heroic" at this point has lost any meaning - dungeons simply now just have a "level 90 version" and the "non-level 90 version". As long as stuff was dying, who cares? Was in a group with an Aff lock in Stormstout Brewery doing 15k DPS on bosses. Fortunately I and one of the other DPS were easily making up the shortfall, so what does it matter?
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#14Wyrmwarrior5Posted 2/4/2013 2:24:32 AM
ouFIJI posted...
Saying trash DPS doesn't matter is equally as dumb as saying boss DPS doesn't matter.

Except no. Trash DPS will be over inflated due to AoE spam, and while classes/specs with better AoE (And especially tanks) will shine on trash while others with weaker AoE will fall behind, it is in no way indicative of what DPS will be like on a boss, which is the only time where DPS will actually be important.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#15c0sa n0straPosted 2/4/2013 2:44:16 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
ouFIJI posted...

Except no. Trash DPS will be over inflated due to AoE spam, and while classes/specs with better AoE (And especially tanks) will shine on trash while others with weaker AoE will fall behind, it is in no way indicative of what DPS will be like on a boss, which is the only time where DPS will actually be important.

Sure, but it still matters.
#16monkeehandsPosted 2/4/2013 2:50:46 AM
Trash dps can also suffer due to the speed of level 90 5 mans (I like it, Hak). Most tanks will round up pretty much all trash on the way to a boss and be constantly moving which makes it very hard for some classes to rattle out much of anything
#17Lightning BoltPosted 2/4/2013 3:06:22 AM
Hak posted...
As long as stuff was dying, who cares?

People who like to play in good groups and not take ages upon ages.
Call me elitist, but I shouldn't be doing 50% of the damage as tank in a dungeon. Blazing through dungeons is much more entertaining than spending ages on a boss because people are doing dps that would have been shameful in ICC.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#18HakPosted 2/4/2013 3:11:12 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
Hak posted...
As long as stuff was dying, who cares?

People who like to play in good groups and not take ages upon ages.
Call me elitist, but I shouldn't be doing 50% of the damage as tank in a dungeon. Blazing through dungeons is much more entertaining than spending ages on a boss because people are doing dps that would have been shameful in ICC.

I've just gotten used to 4-manning dungeons I suppose... either through AFK peoples, or people doing crap DPS. My output is reasonably decent, and I usually do runs with my Monk Brewmaster friend - their damage is currently obscene - so don't really concern myself if there's a DPS lagging behind, as long as they're making some kind of effort. I do get stroppy at the AFK people.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#19dtrez105Posted 2/4/2013 3:42:21 AM
XtraT posted...
I love idiots who say trash DPS doesn't matter. Trash is 75% of 5 man instances.

I usually AFK raid trash. Cause it doesn't matter.

5 mans I want to get in and get out asap.
#20piplupzeroPosted 2/4/2013 6:57:45 AM
I wouldn't have agreed with you and spouted off a comment like "lolheroics" a few days ago until I ran with people in full heroic/raidfinder gear who could barely kill the first boss of scholomance before the ice wall hit.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.