This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

brand new Warrior... mining + BS, or mining + engineering?

#1MarzPosted 2/3/2013 9:37:23 PM
this is an alliance warrior. highest level alliance I have is 70, and I used the 70 to gather all the mining for me up until Cobalt in Northrend.. so that'll give me a head start (I have all the mats ready for engineering.. I think BS needs a lot more IIRC).

my warrior will be mainly used in random BGs, soloing old content, messing around in world pvp, some dungeons but nothing serious...

I know BS and engineering are the 2 ideal profs, but until I can get both, I must choose only 1.. which one would be best to do first? I was thinking engineering for the sheer fun and extra burst later on. but BS would be good for the starting armor and sockets.
---
~!
#2tote_allPosted 2/3/2013 9:43:43 PM
You're not gonna need to craft gear, ****'s everywhere. Everything you mentioned allows engineering tinkers, so go with that.
#3Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/3/2013 9:44:47 PM
Blacksmithing's resource requirements are patently ridiculous. If you think you have enough resources, you don't. If you think you have enough resources to level Engineering, you have maybe a quarter of what you need for Blacksmithing.

That said, level it first. You probably won't have heirlooms at play and this means you'll need that loot a lot more than you'll need the Engineering trinkets. Besides, Engineering is really an end game profession.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#4Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:13:03 PM
for warrior heirlooms I have the guild lvl 1-85 helm, pants, cloak, plus the lvl 1-80 PvP shoulders, if that matters at all.
---
~!
#5Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:22:33 AM
Abyssmal Fiend posted...
Blacksmithing's resource requirements are patently ridiculous. If you think you have enough resources, you don't. If you think you have enough resources to level Engineering, you have maybe a quarter of what you need for Blacksmithing.

daaamn you weren't kidding! while it's certainly not a quarter.. the mats are definitely doubled in some cases.

that makes me think I should do engineering first.. then I can farm the mats later with artisan flying.
---
~!
#6Genocet_10-325Posted 2/4/2013 7:45:10 AM
lol@this topic. just lol
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Tayphetamine
#7Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:54:10 AM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
lol@this topic. just lol

can you flesh out your comment a bit? I'm presuming you know something more but choosing not to share it.
---
~!
#8Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:47:03 AM
bump
---
~!
#9UtinilPosted 2/4/2013 10:55:45 PM
Engineering currently offers the best dps boost in the game (as far as professions go). If you use the glove tinker every cooldown it averages to the same bonus STR as Blacksmithing (320) and can be "saved" for burst moments granting 1920 at just the right time. Engineering also offers a great helmet for non-raiders. The other tinkers (speed boost from belt and the hang-glider cloak thing) can prove very beneficial, particularly for soloing things (although the belt can kill you at times).

As the expansion progresses BS will probably eventually surpass anything else. This is because of Epic gems. BS gains 2 bonus gem slots. Current gems offer +160 str. If/when better gems come out so even if they are only +180 str (unlikely they will be that low) it will work out to +40 str over other professions.
#10PhrenzZephyrPosted 2/4/2013 11:02:15 PM
Engineering currently offers the best dps boost in the game (as far as professions go). If you use the glove tinker every cooldown it averages to the same bonus STR as Blacksmithing (320) and can be "saved" for burst moments granting 1920 at just the right time. Engineering also offers a great helmet for non-raiders. The other tinkers (speed boost from belt and the hang-glider cloak thing) can prove very beneficial, particularly for soloing things (although the belt can kill you at times).

As the expansion progresses BS will probably eventually surpass anything else. This is because of Epic gems. BS gains 2 bonus gem slots. Current gems offer +160 str. If/when better gems come out so even if they are only +180 str (unlikely they will be that low) it will work out to +40 str over other professions.

Aren't the other proffs typically buffed to compensate for this?