This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

brand new Warrior... mining + BS, or mining + engineering?

#11Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:27:17 AM
is engineering something I would end up dropping later on if I wanted to min/max? I like the idea of the gadgets it has.. the glider, the rocket boots, blingtron (lol), the mailbox, the bank, the mounts, the glove proc, etc..

but on the other hand.. blacksmithing will always be pretty amazing.. and fits a warrior quite well. and I'd be able to craft my own stuff in the higher levels, which would be good.

it's a tough choice
---
~!
#12XtraTPosted 2/5/2013 2:35:05 AM
level with mining and skinning

at level cap level both engi and BS with the money you made

having a crafting profession while leveling is just a time sink, you'll always level way faster to both gather AND craft. Just gather, then craft during downtime at 90.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#13UtinilPosted 2/5/2013 2:42:02 PM
PhrenzZephyr posted...
Aren't the other proffs typically buffed to compensate for this?

Not always. By the end of cata BS ended up best and JC ended up being the worst as far as bonus goes (JC was the best early on). Also, it is a minor bonus, but BS does have the option to take any stats they want.
#14SandnitePosted 2/5/2013 2:46:47 PM
Go with Engineering first. They're planning on adding quick and easy way to level BS in an upcoming patch that uses just ghost iron found in pandaria
#15Marz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:29:42 AM
Sandnite posted...
Go with Engineering first. They're planning on adding quick and easy way to level BS in an upcoming patch that uses just ghost iron found in pandaria

is this literally true? or are they just watering down the requirements to something closer resembling engineering?
---
~!
#16MakeHatePosted 2/8/2013 9:47:33 AM
How is BS/JC looking in 5.2? Would extra gem sockets plus new epic gems beat out bs/eng with the eng str boost?
---
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
#17tote_allPosted 2/8/2013 12:05:46 PM
How is BS/JC looking in 5.2? Would extra gem sockets plus new epic gems beat out bs/eng with the eng str boost?

No, they'd be the same.