This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

poll topic: most enjoyable (mechanically) healer

#11ElaeusPosted 2/5/2013 3:23:27 AM
Discipline in current form yeah, I agree. It's just dumb. There have been times in Cata however when you had to really push it and know what you are doing in order to compete as discipline, and other times when it was simply the inferior spec compared to holy (though it still had its merits even then).

In WotLK it was relatively easy to master as well, but so was the PvE healing model in general.

In BC it was simply inferior to holy in PvE at least.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#12metroidfreakv4Posted 2/5/2013 3:35:31 AM
Haha. My favorite time for priest healing was around firelands era.
And yes, wotlk was stupid easy. Free raiding access if you were a healer basically :D
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Father.....is this over?....
Father:no my son....the raid resets next week.. Who noticed I fixed the Typos? only took 4 years :)
#13webbc99Posted 2/5/2013 3:45:29 AM
Before MoP, Disc priest every time, with Paladin as a close second.

However, with MoP changes, Holy Paladin is soooo much fun. The procs all feel great, Holy Avenger is an amazing talent on a really short cooldown with a great visual effect. Love my paladin.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#14HakPosted 2/5/2013 3:46:32 AM
Elaeus posted...
Discipline in current form yeah, I agree. It's just dumb. There have been times in Cata however when you had to really push it and know what you are doing in order to compete as discipline, and other times when it was simply the inferior spec compared to holy (though it still had its merits even then).

In WotLK it was relatively easy to master as well, but so was the PvE healing model in general.

In BC it was simply inferior to holy in PvE at least.

Disc was the "PvP" spec in TBC. Same with Ret Paladins... hopeless in PvE but rather good in PvP since they could do "some" damage and all their damage was based on spellpower, so they had reasonable healing abilities too.

Holy Paladin has grown on me again in MoP. I got entirely put off Paladin healing in TBC (spam FoL with a HL every 15 seconds to keep the buff up just in case someone took too much damage, ignore any gear with Spirit, and gem/gear for as much crit as possible so it was impossible to go oom), but the spec is slightly more appealing these days.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#15patsfan2312Posted 2/5/2013 10:52:16 AM
Disc
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#16Little ZardarPosted 2/5/2013 10:58:06 AM
Rockeign posted...
.. Wind Walker is the DPS spec. :|

with the nerfs to MW they probably heal more /trollface
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#17MorgasaurusPosted 2/5/2013 11:06:00 AM
Well I like R. Shaman because I like "no nonsense" healing. You can call it "brainless" if you want, but I like having non-absorb, non-secondary-resource, non-random-proc-based, non-rolling-HoT-based good old fashioned straight up HEALING!!
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#18A Purple CowPosted 2/5/2013 11:13:02 AM
i'm sure there are plenty of people with experience raiding as all six of those healers

*cough*
---
STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT STARCRAFT
#19B1g_ClownPosted 2/5/2013 11:13:37 AM
Shuriko + Windwalker as healing spec = obvious troll attempt
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#20KreyynPosted 2/5/2013 11:18:10 AM
Healing in general is pretty easy atm. Don't know how people could say disc is the most enjoyable in its current state though >.>. Unless you enjoy padding metres of course.
---
i7 2600k || SLi GTX 580 || Optx AW2310 ||
http://i.imgur.com/zSkO2.jpg "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." Babylon 5.