This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone here an EXPERT on dw frost?

#1ronaldjenkeesPosted 2/4/2013 10:43:02 PM
I would like to start going dw frost instead of 2 hand because it does slightly more damage not only overall but it does 100% more aoe damage. I cant seem to figure the rotation out.
My 2 hand dps peaks at 200-220k with everything procced and good killing machines and i can do a steady 100-110k dps constantly duting bosses. when i go to dw i peak at 160k and i can do a steady 80-90k dps which is significantly lower.

Im pretty sure this is a rotation problem and me not using the right move at the right time but I dont even know that the priority system is. Can anyone shed some light on this?
#2XtraTPosted 2/4/2013 10:48:26 PM
use soul reaper if under 35%
use KM on frost strike
use DnD with an unholy rune. if DnD is on CD, use oblit
use howling blast
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3ronaldjenkees(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:06:24 PM
XtraT posted...
use soul reaper if under 35%
use KM on frost strike
use DnD with an unholy rune. if DnD is on CD, use oblit
use howling blast

hmm is that it? what it DnD is on cd and i have 2 frost and 1 unholy runes, should i use 2 howling blasts or oblitt? Also does hb ever take priority over oblit?
#4ShadowlessOnePosted 2/4/2013 11:14:31 PM
A procced HB always takes priority over a Oblit.
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/4/2013 11:28:02 PM
what it DnD is on cd and i have 2 frost and 1 unholy runes, should i use 2 howling blasts or oblitt?

1 HB and 1 Oblit
Or 2 HB and 1 Plague Strike if the disease is getting low.

That depends on your talents though. If you take RE then you don't want to use any U runes at all until immediately before you cap them, so wait until just before you get 2 U runes before using your Oblit.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6HakPosted 2/5/2013 1:14:27 AM
It also depends on whether you went Masterfrost or Hastefrost. I prefer Haste, others prefer Mastery. The stat weights are so close to each other that the different is almost negligible, though you have to commit completely to one or the other for it to matter. Haste gives more leeway for Oblits, since your runes will be up more often, which gives more potential Rime procs, though they will hit for less damage than a Masterfrost build.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#7ronaldjenkees(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:20:55 PM
Im bumping this topic to ask this. What is the initial pull rotation for dw frost I think i understand the overall rotation but what should the initial rotation be?