This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leather working is hard to level up

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 2/5/2013 2:21:48 AM
I've leveled up every gathering skills before, engineering, alchemy, tailoring, jewelcrafting, and enchanting. I am not leveling up a leather worker.

What the hell? Why does it feel like it cost WAY WAY more resources to level up leather working than any other profession I've done? It's taking forever.
---
lol
#2HakPosted 2/5/2013 2:28:48 AM
I found the same, which is why I have 5 skinners. They've changed it in MoP though and it doesn't need nearly as much as it did in Cata, WotLK or TBC. Blacksmithing was similar - leveling Blacksmithing through classic and TBC required insane resources, and there were cutoffs where you needed to use yellow recipes with no guaranteed skillups. It's more streamlined now, but it was horrid to level up.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3dtrez105Posted 2/5/2013 5:13:31 AM
I'm so glad I've finally capped all the professions. It seems each new expansion they made it easier and easier to level through new content, so starting all professions at cap this expansion helped ease the pain of leveling them all.

But yes, leatherworking and blacksmithing are tied for my two least favorite professions, with tailoring being close behind.
#4mrhighlife83Posted 2/5/2013 5:36:02 AM
If blizz decides they like the new catch up mechanics they've put in for cooking and blacksmithing, I would expect to see similar things for all professions. It would certainly make things easier to level, but it would totally kill the market for old mats.
#5HakPosted 2/5/2013 5:41:18 AM
I think that if Blizz did extend the manuals, it would only be for secondaries. They've helped First Aid by giving Wool 2 points instead of one on level up, but wool cloth is still horrendous to farm for since it shares a level drop with linen and silk. Blacksmithing being streamlined was something that was needed for a long time, but I don't see them making the entire low-level primary profession leveling redundant.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#6BMac89Posted 2/5/2013 5:59:49 AM
Its not hard to level up if you have skinning. But you seem like the type who buys gold, and spends it all on materials in AH to level proffs.
---
I was on Intervention
#7HakPosted 2/5/2013 6:04:17 AM
BMac89 posted...
Its not hard to level up if you have skinning. But you seem like the type who buys gold, and spends it all on materials in AH to level proffs.

Actually, aside from jumping to an assumption I can see no basis for, Leatherworking does indeed require more relative mats than other crafting profs. Even having my Rogue as a Skinner/LW, my Hunter, Druid and Shaman as Skinners too, in WotLK I was still running out of leather trying to get to 450 skill. Blacksmithing was horrid, but I was able to cap that with only 3 miners and no farming. Since most of the mobs in the "lower" levels on an expac give scraps, rather than full leather, and some areas have no skinnable mobs at all, Leatherworking does have some points where you simply can't generate the mats for it.
---
#8yamidanyPosted 2/5/2013 7:44:05 AM
i decided to lvl up a hunter with lw on free time, and... well there were times at lvl 40 when i lvled till lvl 44 just killing things for LW, i knew it was gonna be like that so it wasnt that bad (well i was mentally prepared for it) but yeah LW is by far the most boring/ time consuming/ material needed profesion until MoP recipes.

well maybe tailoring too, but since i lvled like 5 characters before trying to get a tailor, and stacked like a bazillion cloths i never felt the difficulty
#9Hornet56Posted 2/5/2013 9:40:01 AM
Glad skinning and LW were the first things I maxed as I was leveling my first lvl 80 back in the day when I first started playing. I thought everything was a grind so I didn't really notice how bad it was
---
XBL Gamertag: Azazel 44
PSN Name: Azazel44
#10zodiacsoulPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:59 AM
from my experience LW is one of the most resource hungry professions. I had 3 skinners to fuel my 1 LW and i still have trouble getting skill ups. One of the reason is probably due to the fact that it is faster/easier to level now so you dont spend as much time in some of the lower / mid level areas as your should.