This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lower level monk healing ?'s

#1DinglesteedPosted 2/5/2013 9:28:33 AM
I have a level 51 Troll Monk who is a slightly above average certified badass. I was healing a group in Strat yesterday that was kind of rough on him. The bear tank pulled tons o mobs at a time and constantly had debuffs on him from the ghosts and spider things. It felt like I was running OOM way too often. I was keeping my traveling HoT on him, trying to weave in jabs for roundhouse kicks to increase my AA heals. Whenever I would do that though, he would drop pretty low pretty quickly. Had to constantly soothing mist him and surge mist him back up. SCK was used but that is a mana hog in itself D:

So, am I just not a slightly above average certified BA, was it a bad tank who pulled too much, or am I not "doing it right?" Thanks!
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2HakPosted 2/5/2013 9:39:08 AM
Possibly he wasn't keeping Savage Defence up, therefore his dodge chance was too low. He wouldn't have Mastery at that level, so no bonus to armour. Agility no longer provides dodge, so bear tanks need to actively keep up SD. It's also possible he was Feral spec but using bear form to skip dungeon queues, therefore he didn't have SD at all, and didn't realise that Agility doesn't equal dodge now, or he did realise it and didn't care.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:49:17 AM
Hak posted...
Possibly he wasn't keeping Savage Defence up, therefore his dodge chance was too low. He wouldn't have Mastery at that level, so no bonus to armour. Agility no longer provides dodge, so bear tanks need to actively keep up SD. It's also possible he was Feral spec but using bear form to skip dungeon queues, therefore he didn't have SD at all, and didn't realise that Agility doesn't equal dodge now, or he did realise it and didn't care.

Does SD have a visual when he uses it?
---
#4HakPosted 2/5/2013 9:52:44 AM
Buff should appear on his nameplate, but no visual effect. Lasts for 6 seconds, has 3 charges that take 9 seconds to recharge, and costs about 60 rage to use. Shouldn't have much downtime. The buff icon looks like a set of fangs, and it gives 60% dodge, so it's a big increase and should be noticable since only about 30% of attacks should be getting through (about 10% natural dodge included).
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5Lightning BoltPosted 2/5/2013 9:57:02 AM
With Warriors and Druids you can tell when they're sucking easily by watching their Rage.

If it goes down either to 0 from wherever they are, or goes down in increments of 60, they're fine.
If they cap Rage frequently (or, really, at all), or it goes down in tiny increments of 30, they're sucking butt.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#6Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:59:27 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
With Warriors and Druids you can tell when they're sucking easily by watching their Rage.

If it goes down either to 0 from wherever they are, or goes down in increments of 60, they're fine.
If they cap Rage frequently (or, really, at all), or it goes down in tiny increments of 30, they're sucking butt.

Gotcha. I honestly didn't have him targeted at all. I use grid and clique so I can just click those to heal while still targeting enemies. I should have watched him more closely to see what was going on.
---