This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I finally did Purge of Dalaran as Alliance. (Spoilers, I guess?)

#41angrywalrus13Posted 2/6/2013 11:27:26 AM(edited)
It should be said that Jaina isn't just going bat**** crazy; she blames the blood elves for continuing to follow Garrosh's orders, along with the rest of the Horde; basically thinking that, if it is Garrosh who is solely to blame, then why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

She's still acting very irrationally and the Purge is definitely meant to show that, but I think it's a worthy rhetorical question: when is enough enough for the Horde? (Granted, we already know that time will come in 3 patches, but still.) Lor'themar (and Baine and Vol'jin) has found his people in a very sticky situation, indeed.

Edit:
I just want to iterate again on how much I hate typing on my phone.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#42thatguy181Posted 2/6/2013 11:46:53 AM
Jaina: *passes arcane gas and stares in amazement for a bit* Hmm, as leader of the Kirin Tor, Iím gonna continue the policy of neutrality above all else Anduin. Sorry, I canít help you.

1 Day LaterÖ

Jaina: *Twirling her finger through her hair like a typical high school cheerleader who has the brain the size of a peanut* I think Iím going to go help the Alliance hide the bell because I donít want Garrosh to have it. Oh yea, and go Kirin Tor Neutrality!

1 Day LaterÖ

Jaina: *Doing her best ďY U NOĒ guy face impersonation* OMG!!!!!! SUNREAVERS STOLE THE BELL TO HELP THE HORDE!!! THEY BREAK NEUTRALITY! DEATH AND IMPRISONMENT TO ALL!!!!!1111!!!!ONEONEONEONE11!!

Itís weird, Iíve gone from loving Jainaís char and hating King Wrynnís and now theyíve gone and done a complete swap. King Wrynn is a level headed leader and Jainaís the crazed mad dog who needs to be put down. I can only hope Jaina and Garrosh both kill each other off.

Jainaís hypocritical and gross overreaction to a few Sunreavers countering her support of the Alliance was unacceptable. I play both sides, I know both sides are grey, not 100% innocent, not 100% guilty. But Jaina has definitely crossed a line.
#43game freakozoidPosted 2/6/2013 1:10:15 PM
CM101Play posted...
game freakozoid posted...
Again by 'had to be done' are we to assume you mean 'wasn't really necessary at all and most likely did more harm than good."

I'd love it if no one had to die, but if things like these didn't happen more people would be killed overall when compared to the number of casualties that ill occur after something such as dropping a nuke or purging a city is done.

As already said, there is really no truth to that. The US likes to use it because it can't technically be proven wrong but really all evidence of the scenario shows that far less casualties would have occured had we not used the atomic bomb, not to mention we wouldn't have had to play out trump card making nuclear weapons a for sure thing nowadays. Hell, the whole fact that we had secret nukes is part of the reason for the cold war anyways.

You can accept the BS reason the US gives for using it if you want, just know that if held up to scrutiny it doesn't hold up.
#44CM101PlayPosted 2/6/2013 1:15:55 PM
Well I don't wanna keep derailing this topic, but the war wasn't gonna just end by trying to play friends with Japan. War is a man's job, and a liberal mind set where we will try to solve everything by sitting down at a damn tea table and make buddies while people are dying would only lead to us falling, and we have to do anything to stop that from happening, and that means anything.
---
AJ McCannon's mom (in blue) : http://tinyurl.com/bs6heg7
#45game freakozoidPosted 2/6/2013 1:37:40 PM
....what? Seriously at this point I have to guess you just don't know what you're talking about. That's some nice propaganda you have there but it doesn't really support what was going on at the time. Japan was already looking at surrender options and much more than any bomb was the soviets turning on them and launching an invasion. Your whole argument depends on not paying attention to history which is.... troublesome.
#46ElaeusPosted 2/6/2013 2:43:12 PM(edited)
Helping the Alliance hiding the Bell isn't breaking neutrality, but Sunreavers helping retrieving it is?

Typical fanboys bias "logic". Jaina is a horrible person and as guilty in breaking neutrality as the Sunreavers if not more.

Also lol@ the notion of hiding the weapon of mass destruction so that "Horde shouldn't be allowed to access it!" but it's ok if the Allies had it. Who guarantees they wouldn't have used the Bell themselves? Just because no intention was declared doesn't mean facts are that it isn't possible.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#47B1g_ClownPosted 2/6/2013 2:50:21 PM
Elaeus posted...
Helping the Alliance hiding the Bell isn't breaking neutrality, but Sunreavers helping retrieving it is?

Typical fanboys bias "logic". Jaina is a horrible person and as guilty in breaking neutrality as the Sunreavers if not more.

Also lol@ the notion of hiding the weapon of mass destruction so that "Horde shouldn't be allowed to access it!" but it's ok if the Allies had it. Who guarantees they wouldn't have used the Bell themselves? Just because no intention was declared doesn't mean facts are that it isn't possible.

Alliance never used a WMD. If horde got their hands on it they would've no doubt used it. With the new and improved varian, no way would he have used the bomb. Later down the road? Nobody can say for certain.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y
#48thatguy181Posted 2/6/2013 2:59:41 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
Elaeus posted...

Alliance never used a WMD. If horde got their hands on it they would've no doubt used it. With the new and improved varian, no way would he have used the bomb. Later down the road? Nobody can say for certain.

There are bad eggs in each faction that would use WMDs to eliminate the other faction if possible.

See Garrosh for the Horde. See Jaina for the Alliance. Varian until recently would use a WMD against the Horde. The list goes much further, but that's just the tip of the iceberg for both factions.
#49ElaeusPosted 2/6/2013 3:11:03 PM
B1g_Clown posted...
Elaeus posted...

You also can't be sure Jaina won't use it herself. She has already shown an appetite on using mass destructive attacks when she wanted to destroy Durotar in retaliation.

Jaina and Garrosh are the same thing. Whether Jaina turned that way because of Garrosh or not, it is still true.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#50B1g_ClownPosted 2/6/2013 3:12:14 PM
Yup. Except that garrosh is the leader of the horde and has done so before. Killing innocents in the process.

Varian(aka, high king of the alliance) has changed greatly and is no longer the horde hater that he once was. He wouldn't have used it, and is respected by pretty much every race in the alliance so far. So, for somebody on the alliance to want to use/steal any particular weapon and use it against the horde is another discusion entirely.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTSPhTe79Y