This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So they are converting VP to JP but not letting us spend JP on existing loot...

#1mestupkid185Posted 2/6/2013 9:48:18 AM
Current loot is still going to cost VP in lesser quantities... make sure you spend as much VP as possible in the next few weeks. Itll become useless when the patch drops.
#2angrywalrus13Posted 2/6/2013 9:54:44 AM
I think they're trying to avoid rampant welfare epics.

Whether you like it or not is up to you, but after Cataclysm I can see what they're doing.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3RobotixPosted 2/6/2013 9:54:57 AM
You sure they are converting VP to JP?
#4mestupkid185(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:02:17 AM
100% sure. id link but im on a mobile. and i think blizzard just hates my alts. thats why theyre doin this.
#5piplupzeroPosted 2/6/2013 10:03:38 AM
You can spend it on existing loot. I can confirm the JP vendor sells loot that exists currently infact! The only trouble is buying loot that does not exist in any form with it... Which is very difficult.
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#6InfestedAdamPosted 2/6/2013 10:46:56 AM
Need a bit o clarification. When you mean we won't be able to spend JP on existing loot do you mean the existing VP loot? In that when VP is converted to JP the cost of the current VP loot will still require VP at a reduced cost but not JP?
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#7mestupkid185(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:57:19 AM
InfestedAdam posted...
Need a bit o clarification. When you mean we won't be able to spend JP on existing loot do you mean the existing VP loot? In that when VP is converted to JP the cost of the current VP loot will still require VP at a reduced cost but not JP?

Thats correct. current valor gear will still cost valor points. aint it BS?
#8KenorvPosted 2/6/2013 1:41:17 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013

This is the link you're looking for, right?

Valor will be converted to Justice but current Valor items will still require Valor points in 5.2, they'll just be 50%-75% cheaper. They'll also be introducing new Justice items including new heirlooms and Pet Battle stones.
#9ElaeusPosted 2/6/2013 2:10:28 PM
mestupkid185 posted...
InfestedAdam posted...

Thats correct. current valor gear will still cost valor points. aint it BS?

Nope. The only BS was this skipping content crap they introduced in 3.2.
---
'I am always surprised at how you, a Czech, have better grammar, spelling, and style than many native born speakers in the U.S.' -Ruvan22
#10ChocoboMog123Posted 2/6/2013 2:13:47 PM
Kenorv posted...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8586239/52_Currency_Conversions-2_5_2013

This is the link you're looking for, right?

Valor will be converted to Justice but current Valor items will still require Valor points in 5.2, they'll just be 50%-75% cheaper. They'll also be introducing new Justice items including new heirlooms and Pet Battle stones.

Also removing item upgrades, since then you'd have a choice in spending your valor, with one of those choices being the wrong one.
And guess what spending your valor on the reduced valor gear is...
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif