This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else notice that the 'off-spec' almost always wins the roll?

#1keyvenxPosted 2/7/2013 7:44:30 AM
My friend loves to roll against me just for kicks, and almost always - like 80-90% of the time - he wins the roll when he's off-spec (like feral druid winning +int gear over a moonkin). Same goes for me when my moonkin or healing monk rolls for his agi gear.

I'm aware it might be a total fluke, but it's happened with such ridiculous frequency I'm almost convinced Blizz has basically programmed off-specs to win more often IF they can roll on the gear.
#24sakuraHa0Posted 2/7/2013 7:51:44 AM
Yes, this is their code:

If off-spec then greed_roll+50. :P
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#3zodiacsoulPosted 2/7/2013 8:10:53 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
Yes, this is their code:

If off-spec then greed_roll+50. :P

You forgot that main specs get the -50 to their rolls as well.
#4AceronPosted 2/7/2013 9:28:53 AM
Confirmation Bias.
You remember all the times it happens and conveniently gloss over the times it doesn't happen. That's just your brain messing with you.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#5keyvenx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:20:03 AM
Out of a few dozen times where we've jokingly rolled on each other's gear, it's ridiculous just how disproportionately the 'off-spec' guy seems to win the roll.

That has nothing to do with "Confirmation bias". That's because we don't get angry or frustrated, knowing the other guy will be handing over the item.
#6mrhighlife83Posted 2/7/2013 10:35:00 AM
RNG is RNG. Silly assumptions based on grossly insufficient data really should be kept to one's self, lest some unsuspecting new player should come across them and take them as fact.