This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't see how anyone with alts has time to do anything but dailies.

#1OniLink5000Posted 2/7/2013 10:25:23 AM
It was a lot better when rep grinds were basically dungeon grinds.

I'd rather run dungeons all day than do stupid quests by myself.
---
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.
#2DamorahTalsetPosted 2/7/2013 10:36:08 AM
Because I don't PVE.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#3MrBigJohnsonPosted 2/7/2013 10:40:17 AM
Why do you feel compelled to get "alts" geared up?
Dungeon gear(463) with lfr is fine by me.
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns. Johnrockks#1547
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#4Wyrmwarrior5Posted 2/7/2013 10:47:18 AM
Because Commendations making getting rep a complete joke. I hit Revered with the Klaxxi and over half-way Honored with Shado-Pan without even fully finishing Dread Wastes/Townlong, then all the other factions take barely any effort. Golden Lotus still take a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is the first time, and I managed to hit Exalted with them fairly easily with me only ever doing their dailies maybe two or three times a week.
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#5jlc992Posted 2/7/2013 10:52:04 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...
Because Commendations making getting rep a complete joke. I hit Revered with the Klaxxi and over half-way Honored with Shado-Pan without even fully finishing Dread Wastes/Townlong, then all the other factions take barely any effort. Golden Lotus still take a bit, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is the first time, and I managed to hit Exalted with them fairly easily with me only ever doing their dailies maybe two or three times a week.

Basically this. As long as you grabbed the Grand Commendations for each other the factions you need you are golden. While still annoying doing the dailies it's not nearly as bad as the first time you do it.
---
4 and 1 odd!
#6Lightning BoltPosted 2/7/2013 10:54:05 AM
Because Commendations making getting rep a complete joke. I hit Revered with the Klaxxi and over half-way Honored with Shado-Pan without even fully finishing Dread Wastes/Townlong, then all the other factions take barely any effort.

What about those of us who aren't lazy and leveled our alts before 5.1? :o
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7The_ChadillacPosted 2/7/2013 11:06:18 AM
Wyrmwarrior5 posted...

A thousand times this. I know Order of the Cloud Serpent never really took that long, but my second 90 hit exalted in 2 days with the help of a few eggs. Without the eggs, it might have taken me 2-3 more days. Sure it's a little annoying to have to grind rep with your alts, but at least it's hardly a grind. You can probably hit exalted with all of them in the time it would take to hit exalted with one of the longer ones at launch.
#8ShiningForceXPosted 2/8/2013 12:53:55 AM
Only problem here is if you want a decent chance at loot in LFR you have no choice but to pound out dailies every week for the extra roll tokens.
---
If you have to use force...use Shining Force!
#9HakPosted 2/8/2013 2:26:41 AM
Trying to get (currently) 13 level 90 characters to something approaching a "reasonable" level of gear isn't possible. Previous expacs, could log in my Warrior (as an example of one of my less-played characters), do a few dungeons, get a bunch of rep, log out, stop caring til the following week. If it was a weekend, could cap VP on several characters in a day if I ran through my tanks and healers. Now, not even remotely possible, and the primary reason I've cancelled sub.

Promoting alt use by sharing mounts, titles, adding Account quests, then laughing in your face by making it unfeasible to actually efficiently gear out more than one alt is bad planning. Even the upcoming rep boosts from your first dungeon/scenario of the day won't help that. Bring back tabards, or implement a system whereby achieving the required rep on one character allows all characters to purchase gear at that level, and it would be more manageable.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#10Lightning BoltPosted 2/8/2013 2:37:34 AM
Hak posted...
Bring back tabards, or implement a system whereby achieving the required rep on one character allows all characters to purchase gear at that level

Wouldn't really help considering how much time you have to put in to get any amount of VP.
They give VP in increments of 5 or 40, and it costs 1750 for something middle of the road. It's ridiculous.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev