This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't see how anyone with alts has time to do anything but dailies.

#21HakPosted 2/8/2013 11:02:16 AM
Can't run lfr without the ilevel. Can't get the ilevel without dailies and vp gear, or doing more heroics than I have time for. Even getting the vp from dungeons and lfr is irrelevant because don't have the rep to spend it. And I'm not talking about 3 or 4 characters... I'm talking about every class at level cap and all enjoyed equally.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#22piplupzeroPosted 2/8/2013 11:54:02 AM
Hak posted...
I'm quite happy to not progress quickly. I'll play at my own pace. However what I'd like is the option to progress at all without feeling like I'm forced to pick one character.

People slated (and still do complain about) LFR being too casual, and the devs explain time after time that it's to provide those people with less time or ability a meaningful way to feel like they're getting somewhere - after all, their $15 a month entitles them to as much variation in the game as someone who pays their $15 to raid hardcore-style. It seems that "altoholics" however are given the ****ty end of the stick when it comes to getting value for their $15 a month.

Please dont use that word... Paying that money entitles you to NOTHING apart from access to the game, It does not entitle you to have your desires catered to, It doesn't even entitle you to an enjoyable game, It entitles you to access blizzards servers AND THAT'S ALL. They can decided to gear it to as much to your needs or as little as they feel like you entitled brat.

/rant
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#23redundanciesPosted 2/8/2013 3:21:27 PM
Hak posted...
Can't run lfr without the ilevel. Can't get the ilevel without dailies and vp gear, or doing more heroics than I have time for. Even getting the vp from dungeons and lfr is irrelevant because don't have the rep to spend it. And I'm not talking about 3 or 4 characters... I'm talking about every class at level cap and all enjoyed equally.

So why not do dailies and dungeons to get your iLevel up, then you have all your options open?

I'm not saying this won't take a long time, but you said you don't care about progressing quickly. So each daily completed or valor point gained will get you ever closer to progressing on each character.
#24AmakusaPosted 2/8/2013 3:29:05 PM
Hak posted...
It seems that "altoholics" however are given the ****ty end of the stick when it comes to getting value for their $15 a month.

You're doing it wrong, that's why.

Getting Valor of the Ancients every week makes getting VP for alts trivial (with the buff you get 120 VP from dungeons, 135 VP from LFR, and 60 from Scenarios). There's no reason to simultaneously try to raise VP on multiple characters without it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#25HakPosted 2/8/2013 3:37:28 PM
Amakusa posted...
Hak posted...
It seems that "altoholics" however are given the ****ty end of the stick when it comes to getting value for their $15 a month.

You're doing it wrong, that's why.

Getting Valor of the Ancients every week makes getting VP for alts trivial (with the buff you get 120 VP from dungeons, 135 VP from LFR, and 60 from Scenarios). There's no reason to simultaneously try to raise VP on multiple characters without it.

Cool. You go do dailies on 10 other characters every day for a week...
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#26AmakusaPosted 2/8/2013 3:55:13 PM(edited)
Hak posted...
Cool. You go do dailies on 10 other characters every day for a week...

Did that already.

More precisely, I capped 11 characters on VP with this method.

Your move.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.