This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about refreshig dots as an affliction lock.

#1Genocet_10-325Posted 2/7/2013 5:26:47 PM
Should I waste a soul shard and use soul swap to refresh them? Or just hard cast them and save shards for haunt?
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Tayphetamine
#2JonnieWestPosted 2/7/2013 6:11:43 PM
The answer is almost always hard cast. Haunt is much more important.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#3Genocet_10-325(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:12:42 PM
JonnieWest posted...
The answer is almost always hard cast. Haunt is much more important.

Should I use fel flame to extend corruption/unstable or just hard cast them?
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Tayphetamine
#4JonnieWestPosted 2/7/2013 6:15:20 PM(edited)
If you can't stand still to get the hard casts off currently cause of some ability (Get Away comes to mind) then you use Fel Flame to extend them til the point you can stand still to hard cast. Unless you got that cast on the move talent, then you just keep MGing/recasting DoTs like usual.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#5ChocoboMog123Posted 2/7/2013 11:01:26 PM
It depends on a lot of factors. Using a SB:SS during large buffs (Dark Soul is the most obvious, but double trinket procs are great, too) is often a DPS increase over Haunt. You're probably going to waste that SS on unbuffed Haunt uptime, anyway, using it to save two globals, get a 3 extra globals worth of dot ticks, and get more buffed Haunt + MG uptime is great. Typically only do so when 2+ dots are in Pandemic range.

But, it really depends on how good you are with buff management.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#6nilla151Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:10 PM(edited)
as the guy above me said there's so many factors to determine whether you use haunt. or SB+SS for soul shards. like for instance im wearing the trink from elegon. the doms point on use trink. so on the pull i pop corruption. and mals grasp. then my elegon trink procs. i pop my trink along with dark soul and blood fury (I'm an orc) after that i hit SB+SS follow with haunt and go all out till the buffs run their course. after the buffs i go into the standard rotations of hard casting dots. and using soul shards for haunt.

rule of thumb. if you're not really accustomed to the class. use Soul shards on haunt almost exclusively 90% of the time you're going to hard cast your dots. but on instances when you have an on use trink. if you can stack CDs use SB+SS after all the buffs are up. or when you have a really hard hitting set of dots. AKA after dark soul. a powerful trinket proc. ECT. once you get more accustomed to affliction you'll just feel when to refresh with SB or to hardcast.

for dot priority for refreshing i refresh agony>corruption>UA

agony is your top priority to refresh if you have to choose between multiple dots at once. since agony stacks to 10. and at 10 it hits much harder then say 1. so basically a full duration 10 stack agony will hit much harder overall then a fresh stacking agony.

corruption is 2nd on priority due to nightfall procs. and 2pc t14 makes t hit harder. then UA is last since it's A the shortest duration, and it's an actual cast. not an instant like the other two.

---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.