This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a good caster class to twink up these days?

#1MajinBalthierPosted 2/7/2013 10:57:00 PM
My main was always a mage, but it got a bit stale. As a result I was thinking of starting a new main whenever I return to the game.

Monk, hunter, and DK seem way OP to me, warrior and rogue are repetitive, shaman and paladin aren't really my style.

For me it comes down to priest, warlock, and druid. If my main is a mage and I've had a blast playing him in the past, which of those three would I likely find the most enjoyable? I'm definitely a blaster. Priest is the most appealing because I like the way their attack spells look, but I like druid versatility and morphs. Warlock is kinda in third place, but it's also appealing because I know so little about it.
---
www.coronajumper.com - The greatest gaming blog of all time. Of all time! Home of the Three Decade Project.
#2Right_Chus_1Posted 2/7/2013 11:50:16 PM
For twinking a shadow priest for sure. Even disc is fun because your spells hit nearly as hard as shadow but they heal everyone around you for the complete amount of damage. Couple that with shields people will have a hard time getting down, fear and that stupid tendril snare, if played properly you would be near impossible to kill while putting out good damage.
#3Abyssmal FiendPosted 2/8/2013 12:49:22 AM
Disc priests are definitely some of the toughest casters to kill at low levels. The dearth of stuns and silences (and absence of death knights) makes them extremely hard to counter in the low level brackets.

Plus, yeah. Shields offer an absurd amount of protection at those levels.
---
"Erst waegen, dann wagen." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder
#4ddrgrandmastaPosted 2/8/2013 2:56:52 AM
twink up, lmao
---
Sbrown lol more like brownS as in brown stain as in poop stain because that's all you are LOL -typhon
#5GhostfeetPosted 2/8/2013 3:36:59 AM
Although it was third on your list Warlocks can be pretty intense. My brother-in-law was dropping 13.5k dps in lvl 80 heroics yesterday. Priest would prolly be a lot of fun too though, that's certainly the next class I'm leveling once I finish my DK.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck
#6Glockass1Posted 2/8/2013 3:42:17 AM
Warlock level 84 twink = 1 chaos bolt, 1 killing blow
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
#7MajinBalthier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:05:47 AM
Seeing some pretty compelling arguments for Priest and Warlock... no love for Druid?

From the sound of things, Warlocks do some insane DPS while Priests are a bit more survivable. I'm curious as to which one people consider more -fun- though. As it is, with my Mage, I'm used to doing a lot of DPS. Just need a change of pace, because the Mage gets pretty repetitive.
---
www.coronajumper.com - The greatest gaming blog of all time. Of all time! Home of the Three Decade Project.
#8GhostfeetPosted 2/9/2013 8:55:42 AM
I'd say go priest for a change of pace. Shadow is pretty intensely damage heavy from what I've heard, and Disc is both heals and dps, which could be fun. I know once I start leveling my priest I'm going twink them as Disc.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck